Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush plans to cut Salmon Habitat
Bush administration plans more than 80 percent reduction in Northwest

[url "http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/12/01/salmon.plans.ap/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/12/01/salmon.plans.ap/index.html[/url]
[signature]
LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE REPUBLICANS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE INVIRONMENT AND THIS ONE ONLY CARES ABOUT OIL.
NOW REMEMBER WHEN THERE IS NO WILDLIFE LEFT YOU LET YOUR GRANDCHILDREN KNOW HOW YOU VOTED. THATS ALL I CAN SAY......
[signature]
I wonder who's pockets are getting lined this time?
[signature]
I'm not saying I don't a agree with ya Mike, but did you even read the article? It basically says that they are giving up on waters that don't even hold fish anymore. And the reason for that is lawsuits. The homebuilders of CA are suing the government for access to build in those areas. Blame them, or the lawyers, or the Bush administration, but you can't place all of the blame on Bush.

I think generalizing all republicans as non-environmentalists isn't fair. I'm a staunch republican, but I believe in solar/wind/hydro power, Cleaner cars, hydrogen fuel cells, and cleaner air are also big ones on my list. But go and try to take my guns, and I'll fight you to the death! I don't categorized all democrats as a bunch of liberal left wing idiots that want to take away my constitutional rights. I think there are a lot of liberal republicans as well as a lot of conservative democrats. I just wish they were all more in the middle. Just my 2 cents.
[signature]
The only good thing about having people at each extreme side is that it usually helps us end up with laws that are somewhere in the middle like we'd want them, through compromise. Sometimes it keeps us from leaning too far to the right or to the left.
[signature]

Now I agree with catman very well said. The problem I have is once we start doing away with protected areas I just makes it easier the next time to turn a blind eye. Money is what motivated this just like most things do in this world. The question I have is republican’s say they are for family values but were did family values go to the waste side when it comes to all the other creatures god made. Are we not supposed to fallow that part of the bible? Now I don’t think all republicans are money hungry people that don’t care what goes on in the world so long as the profit from it. In fact I believe most are good people on both sides of the fence republicans and democrats. I just have an issue when the environment is seen as something of no concern.
I also don’t think we should have our guns taken away but for some reason when our government decides that we really don’t need assault weapons there is this idea that they want to take them all from us. Now I know there has been very little crimes commented with assault weapons still there hasn’t been any crimes commented with nukes either can I own one of those, I do have the right to bare arms right.
[signature]