Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many snipers do we have on here?
Ok I admit it, I am a sniper on eBay, and I enjoy it. For those who don't bid, or are not familiar with the term, here is the definition of sniping from the eBay site:

"Sniping means placing a bid in the closing minutes or seconds of an auction."

The theory behind sniping is that if one places a bid in the final seconds (I try to place my bid with approximately 5 seconds remaining), before the bid period expires, and you become the highest bidder others will not have time to place another bid. eBay instructions for bidding is to place your maximum bid and sit back and see if you end up being the highest bidder, of course they want you to come back and place another bid if someone outbids you. My experience is that if I place an early bid, I invariably don't get the item, or pay more than I would have liked to pay for the item.

There are sniping sites, that for a fee, they will place sniping bids automatically. I am too cheap to use them, but they sure would be handy, so that I didn't have to remember to be online ready to place my bid at odd hours. Any other snipers out there, who are willing to admit it, and do you pay for a service to place your sniping bids?
[signature]
I would be if I could be but I am not always home at the last minute of the auction, this is why I have not bought anything on ebay in the last 6months because it is frustrating to be outbid for $2 on something that you thought you may get because nobody has bid for a week. If I do buy something anymore I use "buy it now" just to save me the hassle. One main reason I sold my boat this summer is because I only needed one part for it but all local shops wanted $300+, and every time I would bid on one on E-bay for $25 someone would jump in at the last second and buy it for $27.50, I finally just gave up. If I want something that bad I just go pay full price for it.
I don't blame anyone who does this though, that is how you can get good deals.
[signature]
I'm definitely a sniper. It's a good feeling knowing that you've outbid someone by $2 (sorry cowmilker). I've got some good deals off of ebay just by sitting back and watching the item until it's almost over. The buy it now option can be good too. You might not get the item for as cheap as sniping, but if it ends at 3 am on a sunday, it's not worth waiting up for it, especially if you get out-sniped.
[signature]
i am a sniper too i get fishing stuff for way cheap but i have to remember to bid that last min. i forget at times but i have landed hundreds of plastic jigs for very little money.
[signature]
I....ahem.....work for eBay. Smile
[signature]
Yup. I snipe. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. Just trying to get the lowest price I can.
[signature]
Bragging or complaining?
[signature]
I havent bought a bunch off ebay but learned very quickly that being a sniper is probably the only way to get what you want. That being said I have to admit I've learned to enjoy being a ebay sniper too[laugh]
[signature]
Me too! Its snipe or be snipped!
[signature]
Ok, I'll admit that I try to be a sniper on ebay. I Get sniped about half the time though lol
[signature]
you should snipe the easy way:

use [url "http://www.esnipe.com/"]www.esnipe.com[/url] - puts in your bids with 3 seconds left or whatever, very very cheap, set your bid, and let it do the sniping for ya

sm
[signature]
[size 1]As I said, "There are sniping sites, that for a fee, they will place sniping bids automatically. I am too cheap to use them, but they sure would be handy"[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]
good for when the item ends 3:43 am your time!

sm
[signature]
Got to agree with you there kent i have been sniped before!So i have becaome a sniper too![Wink] When you really want something and the price is right bring out the scope and take your aim![sly]
[signature]
[size 1]"good for when the item ends 3:43 am your time!" This is true. [/size]
[signature]
Ok im not a sniper, but i did make my first ever ebay purachace tonight, i bought a lightly used bowling ball for $6+shipping, but it was a hell of a deal. i figgured i would get snyped on it but i won, so now maybe my game can inprove from its pitiful state that it currently is in.

I also won a $100 ring for a buck so I didnt do to bad there either.
[signature]
Because I thought that I would be gone when an auction ended I signed up for eSnipe yesterday. Had it submit a bid 6 seconds before bidding ended, and it worked. Because bidding was fast and furious in the final seconds, if I had manually submitted a bid I may have done it a few seconds too early and either paid more or not gotten the item. Here is the eBay item: 4516263582
[signature]
glad you had luck!

sm
[signature]