Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marquette area=ice=Walleye=Too thin for me!
A buddy of mine has a son who attends NMU. He calls dad last night and says, "Yeah we've been out on ------------- Lake for the past three days. We limited out yesterday. The smallest 18", the biggest 24". Wish you were here dad!"
Ya, know. Though I think there sort of stupid to be out there this early on only three inches of ice, but another part of me is envious of their youth and daring.
Years ago that would be me calling home(but probably for a loan from dad)not fishing.
Oh well, another 2-3 inches on South Manistique Lake and I'm their on the weekends.I drempt the auger came in and woke me up saying "I'ts time big feller!"
[signature]
we had three inches of ice here in south east michigan last week.

all of it in my row boat! I had to wait till the thaw last weekend to bail out the boat and tip it over on the trailer [angelic]

I saw a couple mud puddles in my area slightly iced over... we get them clippers that fly by like skeeters in the night, just a little bite and move on,

its just enough to make ya jump only to leave you with nothing but a big itch....
[signature]
Well said Dave. We've got people fishin' up north but down here in the twin cities, we've got open water on ponds still. And this weekend we're expectin' temps in the 40's. Why won't the weather just cooperate with our desires?
[signature]
well did your ice wash out this week or did it hold up?
[signature]