Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ensenda 21st. & 22nd. Ablies & Bass w/pics"
[center][Image: winner.gif][/center][left]
Mike, Steve & Josh Dunlap found Justin sleeping in his truck waiting to fish with us for the first time. We then met up with Greg & Ray on the Marlin Rouge. Being new to private boating they contacted us via the site to buddy boat & learn their way around. The fog was as bad as it gets so it was a slow ride down to see Mike for bait. By the time we got there we had a train of boat following us, we joked that if we ran aground it would be a pileup. Happy just to have bait we left with a mix of lg. sardines & mini macks. The fog didn’t thin out until well past the gap where the slop took over. The further out we got the nicer it was but the run to the 295 was a slow wet one. The purple daisy chain provided a few stops but just singles w/one baitfish. Our first double & baitfish turned out to be skipjack. As we trolled up to a sm. paddy a skipjack ate the daisy chain followed by an albacore on a sardine for Steve. I picked up a 20 lb. tail on the same kelp on a sm. mackerel. A very sm. nearby kelp held a couple more 10 lb. yellows. Greg & Ray had 1 in box & it had slowed for us so we picked up to run to #’s provided by Blackbeard 10 mi. south of the 295. Half way there Justin spotted some jumpers that looked like nice bluefin. Jigs back in, we started circling the area when all hell broke loose. It started with a double then I hooked up on the slide w/a p/b MC Swimbait . Suddenly freeswimmers were thick under the boat & boiling on chum & hooked baits right next to the boat.

[Image: l21610.jpg]

I called Greg/Ray into the action & the fish put on a show for them a couple 100 yds. away also. It was 2 hrs. or so before we were tired & plugged (released many of the smaller fish).
Back @ ramp 2:00 PM.

We slept in & just did a short run up the coast to fish some local kelp for bass. The calico’s were there eating the oranges & browns best right along the kelp edges. I got 4 between 4 & 5 lbs. & a short seabass.

[Image: l21620.jpg]
[Image: l21622.jpg]

Mike lost a real toad just under the boat but he got a few nice ones also.

[Image: l21619.jpg]
Not very many sm. fish, only 2 sandbass & a couple of rockfish. Back @ ramp 12:30 pm to begin clean up & the ride back to reality.

For the latest pictures & reports visit http://team-striper.com
[/left]
[signature]
Hello TeamStriper,

Thanks for the awesome update! I don't know if you are aware but we started a weekly fish reports contest on this site this week. Your reports are awesome if you enter them down in the regional boards (Fishing Reports boards) below, you could qualify to win the weekly fish reports contest. Thanks Again!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I was not aware of that, thanks for the info & kind words. I will post over there.
[signature]