Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anybody get out this weekend??
Did anybody fish this weekend?? I was committed to family holiday activities, so I didn't make it. We were at Georgetown for the town's Christmas celebration on Saturday and there were probably 20 folks fishing Georgetown Lake. I saw a couple of fish caught in the 5 minutes or so we watched from the shore. That ice appeared to be really slick so bring your creepers if you plan to fish it.

Let us know how you all did!
[signature]
Well I went to Vega this weekend in Western Colorado. Usually Vega is a factory for 10 - 15" small rainbows with a few big fish. The rainbows are orange meated and tasty on the crayfish and shrimp diet. Usually the action is so fast I'm pulling them in two at once, sometimes I've landed 200 in day. But all were small.
Well this was my first ice trip this year. I was shocked at slow the action was. I only caught 9 all day, and we caught 27 as a group of 3. But, all but two of the fish were from 2 - 4 pounds. I caught most of them in 15 - 25 feet of water, and most were 8 - 15 feet below the ice. Would never had caught more than a couple without my vexilar. I was using a stinger spoon tipped with a bit of crawler, and when a 4 pounder busted it off at the hole, I switched to a blue ratso tipped with a crawler sliver and caught some more.
Strange fishing for Vega, but I would rather catch 9 in the 2 - 4 pound range than 100 12 inchers.

Tyler
[signature]
Thanks Tyler. Guess I'll have to get over there this Winter! That sounds terrific to me. I'm with you on prefering to catch a few big fish rather than a gillion little ones.
[signature]
Thanks mscottcody-

How big were the trout you caught and saw? I'm excited to go hit that lake. Some years it is terrific. Hope this is one of them.

I've heard it has an lot more water this year, so all my GPSed spots may be a lot deeper than past years. I may have to start learning it all over. LOL
[signature]
Thanks mscottcody. I really like that lake. A 17" fish from there is usually 2 lbs.+/-
[signature]
Has anyone been to 11 mile lately?
[signature]
Which side of the island were you?Two of us were in the bay all day!See my report.
[signature]