Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apache Lake at night
Was out at the the last weekend and had a great time. The moon was out full and the smallies were on fire chasing shad all night long in the middle of the coves. We were throwin rip baits and rattle traps and caught a good number of fish biggest smallie was a 3.9 and the largest largemouth was a 5.11. Went back out in the morning for some top water and had some decent luck but nothin like the night before. During the day the lake started to drop and the fishing slowed alot so we spent the rest of the day inside the cool bar/restaurant planning out next attack. Which again the fishin was not the same that eve so we split just to come back another day.

Anyone else been out around AZ?

Let me know how ya did
[signature]
2 weeks ago caught more fish than i could count. fishing for only largemouths.

ranged from 1 lb to 11.4-- all caught on carolina rigged plastics. bite usually turned on about 7 pm didnt stop until around 10 am.

hope this helps you out
[signature]
Sounds like you had a pretty good trip, I have had a few days that would compare at that lake, but a 11.4lb? damn thats a nice fish. I could use that fish on the 7th of December at Apache. Where abouts on the lake did you get this Toad?

When the fish at that lake start feeding in can be a great time, but I have been there when its hard to boat a limit or not even boat a limit at all.
[signature]
there is a bank of trees that are partially submerged in the water on the opposite shoreline of the marina and burnt corral. it is a little closer to the burnt side. this grove of trees covers about 1500 ft of prime shore line. ranges any where from 4 to 23 feet.

hope this helps ya let me know. maybe we can get together some time and catch some of these monsters.

by the way that 11 pounder is still there. i left it just for you.
[signature]
I think I know right where your talking about (general area). And a good man always releases good fish like your self. I caught a 11.2 out of Roosevelt last year and took some pictures and tossed her back, and it felt great to do that.

Anyway anytime you feel like doing a trip let me know your boat or mine, I am always game for a day of fishing and I could use to learn a little more about apache since I do have a few Tournaments there this year. That lake always throws me for a loop. I will go and catch the hell outa the fish and think I have something put together and then the next weekend show up with the water dropping and cant seem to figure those little bugers out. What do you do when the water starts dropping in that lake?

Canyon I (think)I know what they do and same with Saguaro but when Apache starts to drop I will go deep, shallow and cant seem to put anything together.

and again I always appreciate the help.
[signature]