Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Sat 4th
Took the boat out on the berry one last time Saturday. Got to the marina at 7:15am in some heavy fog and an ice covered lake. Ice was thin enough to launch but the heavier ice and the fog kept us in strawberry bay all morning, only caught two fish, one pretty nice rainbow (almost 3lbs)on a rapala. After the sun broke through the fog (11:45) it only took a while for someone to break a channel through the ice and get out on the main water, after that the fishing was great, caught 23" cutt at the mouth of the narrows. Narrows were frozen solid at the first bay. Did see people (1 tent) ice fishing on mudd creek. Won't be long and the whole lake will be capped [Smile] "FISH ON!"
[signature]
Thanks for the report! It's great that you were able to make it out one last time. It will be fun to get back up there on the hard deck again.
[signature]
I was one of those people you saw fishing the hard water of mud creek. We caught about 30 cutts between two of us and one bow. Not lightning fast fishing but steady.
Were you by chance one of the guys helping out with that deer that had its leg caught in the fence just outside of Heber?
[signature]
thanks for the report cant wait to get back on the berry
[signature]
How far was the walk to get to the "good" water from the ramp?

F4F
[signature]
thanks for the report@!!!!
[signature]
Sounds like the ice fishing was pretty fun. Can't wait to get up there, but I think I will wait a couple more weeks, mabee scofield till then. Keep me posted on your success on Strawberry. "FISH ON!"
[signature]
Probably 1/4 mile, not too bad.
[signature]