Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather slows fishing
With all this rain and heavy wind the fishing has pretty much shut down fishing here the past few weeks there have been few days that were fishable and those days the fishing was not that good.
On the saltwater side the ocean has been rough and keeping the fish offshore higher then normal tides and muddy water from the rough seas are keeping it a hit or miss fishery right now we have a strong cold front comming in now which will make it a little uncomfortable but if the wind dies and the seas calm the striper and Blackfishing should pick up again.
On the freshwater the streams, rivers and Lakes are all running real high the streams and rivers are unfishable flowing over their banks the lakes are fishable and there have been some people catching on them but again you have to pick your day carefully with the rains we've been having next week is supposed to be dryer with only one day rain predicted in the long range forcast but the temps will be dropping drastically.
As for myself I plan on hitting a party boat for Blackfish on the 27th weather of course will decide if I go that day so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
[signature]