Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hows the trapping in your state??
Even though I haven't done it in 20 years. How has your state delt with the sport? CT wanted me to take a course, even though I'ed had stated at age 12. Past the course and pay $450.00 for a license. Wonder Why I gave up? The anti's beat me on that one.
[signature]
I haven't tried trapping but it sounds fun. I guess I've always thought of it as more of a money making hobbie like gold prospecting. I'm an avid hunter, so I have alwyas hunted instead of trapping. I look foreward to you sharing more of your insights regarding trapping with us on this board. Its a real shame that the anti's have succeeded where you live. This is why some states have implemented consitutional (state level) amendments that protect hunting, fishing and trapping.
[signature]
YOU GOTTA MOVE TA' MICHIGAN , IT'S STILL PRETTY CHEAP HERE . I HAVE A BUDDY THAT GETS PAID A COUPLE GRAND A YEAR TO TRAP BEAVERS FOR THE COUNTY , GETS TO KEEP OR SELL HIS FURS TOO . HE GOT A 58 POUNDER LAST WEEK . A COUPLE WEEKS AGO HE DONATED A BEAVER MOUNT TO HIS OLD HIGH SCHOOL AND GOT HIS PICTURE IN THE PAPER .
TRAPPING ISN'T ALL FUN AND GAMES , THERE'S A LOTTA WORK AND RESPONSIBILITY THAT GO ALONG WITH IT , BUT I FEEL IT'S WELL WORTH THE EXTRA EFFORT . I DIDN'T GET OUT TO TRAP THIS YEAR .
I'M PRETTY SURE OUR YEARLY FEE IS AROUND $14.00 AND IT INCLUDES SEVERAL SPECIES AND SEASONS.
[signature]
Wow get paid to trap. Nice gig if you can get it. The sport is great for a kid in that it teaches them to check their traps daily. { didn't have to pull my arm } Pop was good enough to let us take over the garage to use as our trapping shed. We reinvested our first two years earnings for more traps, and it gave us our christmas money. No bigger thrill for a young person to out wit their first fox. Teachs them respect for all the critters that they try to catch. We have the right every five years to bid for state land here, but the anti's have out bid most trappers. Here when you mention you trapped peaple look at ya like your from Mars. I'd do it again in a heart beat.
[signature]