Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mudcreek Report 12-11-04
[black]We hit the virgin snow a little after 7:15am. Oh BTW, Brandon(TKB) was my accomplice in crime today. We broke down all the ice and blazed a trail for everyone. By 8:00am there was 2 fish on the deck, ok one real fish (TKB's 20.5" cut) and my 6" montronous Beauregarad[blush]. That was the last bite for me for the next five hours.[/black]
[black][/black]
[black] Thekillerbee put 4 or 5 more fishlips on the ice and missed a hole bunch of violence too. The ice was eight inches thick, but the slush suck and four inches of dried powder made it very difficult to walk. [/black]
[signature]
How thick was the ice you were cutting and how deep of water were you in.
[signature]
The ice was anywhere from 6" to 8" thick. There were a good group of people out there today, even a couple that walked way out to the edge of the open water and the ice. Not sure how they did, as they were still there when we left. Most people caught a fish or two. The weather was absolutely beautiful today. Not much wind, and pretty warm for the berry. We ran into Kokanee as well, I hope he chimes in and lets us know how they did. We put a total of 10 fish on the deck today. Not great, but I've had worse days up there.

Here is a pic of Tommy's Monster!
[inline Tommymonster.jpg]
Er....wait.....THIS one is the monster!
[inline tommysrealpig.jpg]
Here is a nice plump fish that I pulled up.
[inline berrycutt.jpg]
And here is one that has a very funky deformed nose and upper jaw. I'm not sure how he ended up getting so big. He was about 18" and fat!
[inline ruckinfeetardcut.jpg]
[signature]
[size 2]Yeah just ten fish on the deck, but 7 were over 20 inches long. It was cool watching Brandon fight a fish with 4lb line(what the hell is he thinking?doh). He did lose a few fish at the hole. His bigun' was 21.5" and mine was a fat 23". Actually all fish were very well fed. [/size]
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, fellas, and nice Monster, tomegun! So, it looks like IF we are so inclined, we actually have a nice chance of taking home one "keeper" this year, eh? Cool!! It's nice to see the new regulations working at the berry. Looks like this ice season on the berry is really shaping up nicely! Guess that's my next target till Echo and Rockport freeze up. How thick was the ice??
[signature]
I have the wheeler loaded up for Scofield tomorrow but this is tempting . Thanks for the report . I seen a few deformed fish out of there . I caught about 4 with the split tail but not one with the double mouth yet .
[signature]
Hey, don't accuse me of thinking![Tongue] Other than that little minnow, all of the fish were really plump!

Fun day on the ice, with good company.
[signature]
Nice to hear that Gumbo and I am not the only one that Brandon outfishes at Strawberry.
[signature]
Nice fish you guys caught. Can't wait to get up there and do some ice fishing at strawberry.
[signature]
[black][size 2]If the weather stays as warm as its been that ice cold be gone in a couple days. It hit 50 degrees up there today.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Be optimistic dude,6 to 8 inch ice will take a long time to melt off, it isn't going anywere.
[signature]
We hit strawberry as well on saterday.It was nice to run into killerbee and tomegun on the ice. We fished just east of killer and tome about 200ft or so and we caught zilch,notta. was in 14ft of water.tried crickets,foxie,rat finkies,and tubes. I had 2 bites and that was it. We got there around 2:00 and fished until dark. Open water around most of the lake,saw several boats out on the lake. With this warm weather it will just mean another few more weeks until total ice over. hopefully well have a better report next time.
[signature]
Hey Brent, sorry you guys got blanked. It looked like your kids had a good time dinking around on the sled. Tomegun caught that hawg not too long after you guys setup shop. Better luck on your next trip.
[signature]
[size 2]James, I've ice fished Strawberry on a tuesday with 18", and on saturday fished open water from my float tube.[cool] [/size]
[signature]
Are there any ducks still sticking around? How much open water is in the middle? I'm coming back up in a week and I need to get my duck hunting fix met. I was hoping to hit Strawberry for some divers...If they're still around that is.

It'd be cool to take a limit of ducks and then hit the fish. Any info you might have is appreciated.
[signature]
We heard quite a few shots in the morning...not sure where on the berry they were coming from though. You can't see much of Strawberry from Mudcreek. I'd bet most of the reservoir is still open. Good luck!
[signature]
I think I caught that same fish with the deformed nose last week. either that or one that looked just like it.
I too fished mudcreek on Saturday. We didn't catch anywhere near the amount of fish on this trip that we did last week, but it was a nice day to be out just the same.
[signature]
just an update on the ice at berry. my freind from mountain home came down yesterday. he told me most of the ice is gone that was forming last weekend. jakes is now wide open again and the litle bay just at the soldger cr turn of is receeding fast its not even out to the corner any moore. you guys be safe up there. the west and south sides are probley still solid. the wind doesnt pound the waves to those side as mutch.
[signature]