Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report 12/11
[cool]Had a great time at Scofield today as CBR, MikeRomaine(sp?), and FairwayPhilly and I, met up on the ice at about 7:15 or so, and it wasn't quite as "nice" as we thought it was going to be weather wise that early. Probably about 6 degrees and foggy, but as the day moved on, it definitely got warmer, and so did the fishing. We each caught about 4 or 5 each during the first two hours, but Phil's fishfinder was finding fish everywhere, but they were VERY hesitant to bite. Soon after we were fishing the masses starting coming, and pretty close to where we were. Gotta love that...NOT!! But, as we looked further down the lake between the island and the east shore, there were 100 people out there, at least, so we counted our blessings. Probably 50-60 people where we were. The middle part of the day got slow until about 1:00, and then the fishies decided to cooperate. We ended the day with probably 60-70 fish total between us, with Mike getting the "most bites and most involuntary release" award.[Tongue] We all had a blast together, and it was cool getting to know these guys better, and hanging out on the ice. Biggest one we landed was probably about 17 inches, although when I went to set the hook on a big strike, my line snapped, so who knows how nice that one might have been. We really had to work for our fish today. It wasn't as fast and easy as last weekend. It seemed like those fish have been worked with quite a bit of pressure, but our persistence paid off.

I look forward to fishing with these guys again! Oh yeah, talked to kastmaster (i think it was) on the radio and also one guy that doesn't post much, but forgot his name (sorry).
[signature]
great report out4trout.
my buddy and i are headed there tomorrow.
[signature]
It was a great day on the ice I had 2 first for me best one i got to pull a fish throu the ice [sly] then i fowl hooked a trout and i got him right in the tail. what a great day thanks phil jeff and craig. we have to do it again.
[signature]
Sounds like it was a good time. We decided to hit the berry to avoid the crowds at Schofield. This will probably be the last really good weekend up that way, as the fishing usually dies off about 3 weeks after iceup.
[signature]
Thanks for the report...hope you didn't scare 'em all away as I am headed up there in the AM.
[signature]
Nice report Geoff. Couldn't have reported better. Heres my bits.

We were all catching so many during times it was hard to keep track of how many were caught. Great spending time on HARD water with Phil, Geoff and Mike. Learned some great techniques and hard water lures to use and think I am ready to get sucked into the ice frenzy!

Through-out the day we had this littlest fish contest going, with me winning in the beginning with a whopping 6 incher, then Phil with one around 5 inches, then I took the lead again with a little over 4 inches, thought i had it beat then 20 minutes before we left Mike landed a itzy bitzy 4 inch rainbow. These small fish weren't very abundant, the majority of the fish were over 12 inches. Only a couple planters caught, most had all fins intact.

We moved around a bit, started out slow then we finished off at a hot spot Geoff turned us on to, and it was awesome! All of us pretty much finished off hooting and hollering with only a few seconds between hits. Loads of hits, soft biters, but great fun.

Brought back 4 trout that were fat 14 and 16 inchers and put them in a pan with 6 table spoons of butter, garlic, parsley, salt, and fresh sliced lemon to give it some tang and cooked for 7 minutes then took the fish out and poored the remaining thickened butter sauce over some angel haired pasta and put the trout ontop of it and it was very very good.

Perfect way to end my first of many trips on hard water. Already got buzz going for the next one. Can't wait!

Cheers!
[signature]
I guess Geoff, Craig, and Mike said just about everything. Had a great time, it's been a while since I've fished sun up to sun down and it felt great. We'll see what I say tomorrow, but I guess bigger sacrafices have been made in pursuit of happiness. I guess all that is left is the pictures.
[signature]

Kastmaster, his son, and I were near the dam, Arrived at 8:30 AM, and were fishing in 17 feet of water. Ice was 8-10 inches thick. The action was superb. The 6-10 inch planters bit all day, and were taking all our offerings. I was using worm peices on usual rat finkees and flashers, kastmaster was using mainly mealworms, as well as a few other items. In addition to the small ones, we all caught a goodly number of the larger 12-15 inch fish, (10-12 each) and kastmaster caught a nice 17 incher that was the big fish for us. We left at 3:15. We lost track of our catch total but it was easily in triple figures combined. a great day on the water with good company. I'm glad other BFTers got into them too. Good luck to all this weekend.
[signature]
Hey I just realized that next time someone needs to take a picture of ME!
[signature]
[cool]Nice pics, Phil! Next time we'll get one of you too!
[signature]
that is a great idea we will have to remember that next time
[signature]
oh we also forgot about the teenagers out there.
[signature]
Good to hear and see you guys got into em!

Geoff its fishermens law to always stretch that one that broke off by 5 lbs. of those landed. After all, who can prove ya wrong? LOL![Wink]

Great to hear you nailed em guys.
[signature]
Those teen fellas were quite comical.

Seemed a majority on the ice caught there limit and left as soon as they did, not much in for the sport of it in the ice world?
[signature]