Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield
my buddy and i hit scofield today. what a wonderful warm day it was. i caught only 1 fish a 19 1/2 incher and 2 1/2 pounds. fishing was quite slow on the south end half way to the island.
only had maybe 10 bites all day. my buddy got skunked.
can't catch um all all of the time.
[signature]
Hey Ironworker, that big fish you caught didn't happen to have a white kiptail hair jig in his mouth did it. I broke one off on saturday that was really knocking them dead until I lost it. I figured since I went throught the trouble to catch the fish that stole your jig and return it you might want to return the favor.
[signature]
sorry that it didn't have a jig in his mouth other than mine.
[signature]
[cool]That sucks that you didn't get into them, ironworker. There was probably like 100-150 people out that way yesterday. Fairwayphilly, CBR, and MikeRomaine joked that it was "the community." That's what we called it all day over there. I think maybe those fish in that area got pressured very hard yesterday, so maybe that's why it was slow today.[crazy]
[signature]
hay ironworker next time your there and it's slow like that.. try drilling 7 or 8 holes about 20 feet apart and move to each hole every 10 to 15 min's.. seams to help find the fish..
the last two times i have been there the fish did not seam to care much what we were fishing with.. but you had to move around to find the fish.. seams that the fish are not in big schools any more and scaterd out all over the lake.. last time up i was catching fish in 4' to 12' of water..

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
We used the same idea for finding fish on Saturday. Several holes about ten feet or so apart. We set up around from the dam and did very well for most of the day. Probably missed what we caught.
Couldn't have asked for a nicer day and it sounds like Sunday was just as nice.
[signature]
we did move about every 30 to 45 minutes, but we were moving about 50 yards at a time. thanks for the info fuzzy have to keep it in mind next time. i wanted to fish by the inlet to the dam but the driver wanted to fish the community, maybe thats why he got skunked.
it's all good.
[signature]
I think it was just a pretty slow day. We fished to the north of the "City on the Ice" across the lake west from the Dam. It was pretty slow. Caught fish on a variety of jigs, but didn't find any big deal or super concentration of fish. We moved around 4 times and between 4 of us, we caught at least a couple at each spot. I just think it was slow. We found water between 12.8 and 13.2 feet deep where we were. Water was about 33 degrees and murky (32 right on top). Our numbers averaged to about 7 per person for 4 guys. Not aweful, but not as fast as last week. Lots of dinky fish this trip.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]