Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-mile report for 12-11.
Fished e-mile from 7:30 till dark(5:20).Ended up with 8 bo's out of ~30+ hits.2 @18.5" and 3lbs.3@17", 2@ 15.5",and a 14" on a kasty.All other bites and fish were on either a green lazer\worm or Power bait.No other color jig would work, and only worked when sitting still.Power bait color didnt matter.12 ft deep,3 ft off bottom. 8" of solid ,slick ice.Wind howled from time to time,but holes never froze up.An excellent day at the Mile! Didnt see too many others and the ones that were there left early.Later-
[signature]
Thanks for the report Slayerfish. Sounds like a great day!
[signature]
Way to go Slayerfish, glad to hear that someone is yankin fish through the ice at 11 mile. If you don't mind me askin, where were you fishing? The wife and I plan on hitting the ice there next weekend. It's become kind of a tradition with us, every year we start our ice fishing season at 11 mile on Christmas morning. We don't have any family close enough to visit and my wifes job doesn't allow her much time off for the holidays, so we just go ice fishing. It's usually not crowded at all. Hopefully santa will bring us a few nice fish!
[signature]
I've been fishin in Lazy Boy.Just look for the swiss cheese-Theres a good chance I'll be fishin on X-mas morn cause wife works till 2pm.Maybe I'll see yous there!
[signature]
Thanks Slayer. I just read your posts on iceshanty.com. We'll probably hit lazy boy, thats the best lead I have right now. hope to see you there, we'll be driving a green toyota tacoma with a topper and ladder rack. we'll probably bring the hut to keep the wife from getting too cold, either a blue viking or a black frabill, come say hello if you spot us. I bet there won't be too many other people there in the morning. Good luck and Merry Christmas.
[signature]
Hey justin,I'll be there on friday 12-24 cause its a state holiday.Maybe see you up there sometime.Gonna try and hang closer to home on Christmas.Later-
[signature]
Hey, no problem. Let me know how you do Friday if you get a chance. either here or ([url "mailto:tiptonic@msn.com"]tiptonic@msn.com[/url]). I'm planning on fishing a pond near Woodland Park Friday morn. Hopefully we'll bring home a few brookies. I talked to a guy that caught some nice fish at Howberts Point last weekend. I'm still planning on being at 11 mile Saturday. I'll let you know if my plans change. Thanks and good luck!
[signature]