Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mary
The next couple of days I was thinking of going ice fishing. Is Lake Mary above Estes Park open to ice fishing?
[signature]
Welcome to BFT Pescador. I don't know the answer to your question. We have a bunch of helpful folks on here, though. Surely someone will know.

Where, exactly, is Lake Mary? Is it in RMNP?
[signature]
It is just outside of Estes Park on Lake Mary Rd. It is below Lake Mary's resort. It is outside of RMNP.
[signature]
Lake Mary isn't listed in the regulations as having any restrictions. Is it within city limits of Estes Park? If so, I'd check with the city to see if they have restrictions on ice fishing it.
[signature]
If it's not in the regs technically you can ice fish it. It has to say so in the CDOW regs. Only the CDOW has jurisdiction over fishing regs. So even if a municipality "restricts" ice fishing, it isn't valid unless it's in the CDOW regs.

Tyler
[signature]
That's interesting Tyler. Are you sure? Where did you get your info? Thanks.
[signature]
I am a little nuts but, I remember this story a friend told me about an ice fishing trip in Minnesota. He drove his truck on the lake and drilled the first hole and water did not come back out. He looked down in the hole and there was 5' between the ice and water. ( 25 plus inches of ice) He got back quickly in his truck and creeped of the ice. Water level fluxuation is bad when ice fishing. I will try another lake. Any ideas?
[signature]
Not a place I'd want to be.
[signature]
I think it would be a blast to try.I'll fish anywhere if the fishin is worth it!
[signature]