Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-mile report12-14,w/pics
I caught 5 bo's:25"(6lb),21",2@18",17" Friend#1 caught a 17 and 18"bo,Friend#2 caught a 13 and 17" bo.All were caught on either a green lazer tipped w piece of worm or a 2" brown tube jig with same.In 14' of water 4' off bottom.Most all action from 9-noon.
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 1.jpg]
[signature]
Boy, those are some really nice fish! Congratulations, Slayerfish.

Do you ever night fish 11 Mile?? How is it? I heard tales years ago about big browns at night through the ice there, but I've never tried it.
[signature]
I'm one of those dudes that gets up early and goes to sleep early.I have tried night icin a few times but saw no reason to continue the practice.Even in a hut it gets real cold.My buddy's got a 15lb brown on the wall he caught at 11-mile in september in bright sun,around noon!I catch alot of my big fish in the afternoon also.
[signature]
That is what I am talking about. It is great to fish a lake that has the potiential of a big fish. Thanks for the report I will change my plans.
[signature]
You know Don, come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen a brown come thru the ice at 11-Mile? And I have been fishing there for 20 years now.

When we were in our early 20s we would get up there in the evening and fish all night, then fish Antero during the day. We would catch some browns every night on spinners or Raps. We would also get up to Antero sometimes around 4:00 AM so we could fish that two hour period of the false dawn. When it is still dark but you can see some light over the horison to the east. The browns could be heard rolling and splashing from the parking lot and we would fish right there at the ramp and jetty. It wasn't unusual in the fall, to catch a limit of 20 inch browns from Antero. As soon as the sun came up it was over though! Also the worse the weather was the better!

I think the main reason night fishing is so effective at 11-Mile, is that the crawfish molt their shells at night in very shallow water?

I don't have the stamina or desire to stay up 36 straight hours anymore[crazy]
[signature]