Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluorocarbon lines
Vanish or Stren fluorocarbon -Which is superior for the money?
[signature]
on this one I can only offer a personal opinion and that is stren for my buck

stren is manufactured by remington gun co

[signature]
[size 4]I too had the same query. I am a stren man when it comes to mono lines, and a brekley fan when it comes to superlines. So I tried bolth in the flourocarbon line and found that I prefer the berkley vanish. I would recomend trying bolth and deciding which line works best for your application a test strength, and use the line that satisfys you. I found the composition of the vanish line to have a higher quality knot strenght in the 8-10 pound lines. This is why I went with the vanish. You may find different results with a 30 lb test or a 4 pound test. I dont think you will find much difference in visibility, diameter, or cost. In the tests I used I could not find much difference in the sensitivity, or other line features, it just seemed that I had more breaks at the knot with the stren. [/size]
I began using Vanish about 2 weeks ago as a leader attached to Fusion and Fireline. I credit it with allowing me to catch a 28" pike last Sunday. The pike ran under the boat 3 times and made backreeling a total necessity. The shock absortion and line invisibility may have been factors in that pike hitting a small, 2" Fin S fish in a 1/16 oz. jighead. The following day I got into a monster school of crappie and caught 75 fish on an assortment of lures on the same set up.

Guess I'll always have a spool in my utility bag.
[signature]
Spiderwire for trolling and Stren for casting[Smile]
[signature]
Most of the bill fishermen around here use Seagaur (spelling?) I use it for trolling large flys on lead line. You can drag two number #4 Wolley Buggers with #6 pound Seagaur leader. The leader is thin in diameter and invisible. BUT VERY COSTLY! George
[signature]