Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting Reports - Birds
[size 3][font "Book Antiqua"][Image: Earthworm.gif] Well I wont be out a huntin birds this year but still I love to hear about the hunts weather successful or not.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Book Antiqua"][Image: Earthworm.gif] Michigan has several birds open for hunting (pheasant, quail, woodcock, partridge, duck, crow, and goose)[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Book Antiqua"][Image: Earthworm.gif] The seasons are staggered through out the fall and winter.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Book Antiqua"][Image: Earthworm.gif] I don’t have me a bird dowg any more (beagle). We used to love getting out any time of the day early morn mid day even late after noon to spook up a pheasant or two (any rabbit dog (beagle) will hunt pheasant though they wont point them out like a Brittany they will flush them up for ya when they get close to the bird. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Book Antiqua"][Image: Earthworm.gif] Finding places to hunt them these days are a little more difficult than when in my youth. Well when I was young where I live now was wilderness and farm now it is all subdivision. And all I had then to do to jump a pheasant was to walk out the front door of my house and 2 or 3 would take flight, squawking as they flew away. [/font][/size][size 4][font "Book Antiqua"][Image: Earthworm.gif] At any rate I was a wonderin iff'in any of you were out hunting them birds and how was it going, (would like to hear about them hunts and to see some pics too)[/font] [/size]
[signature]
we had a rough spring up here and i don't think too many chicks made it thru . even the turkeys have only had a couple of small chicks with them this fall and i don't think they will make this winter as well . i'm going to pass on the birds this year and give em' a chance to bounce back some . hopeing for a better spring next year .
[signature]