Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bbbrrrrrrrrr !!!!
gonna be danged cold out this weekend in my neighborhood . i figure that theres gonna be a whole lotta sportsmen getting their outdoor experiance on the outdoor channel or surfing the web . right now we have a temp of 6 degrees and the thermometer is gonna climb all the way up to a toastey 22 degrees , time for us snowbirds to break out the t-shirts and sunglasses[crazy].
now i don't wanna spread gossip or rumors , but i hear dave's been spotted dumping ice cubes in in his favorite fishing lake to speed up the walkable water process [Tongue].
what some guys won't do to spend a day fishing .
[signature]
We have a high of 50 degrees in Bismarck today[cool]!!!! We have absolutely no snow[cool]!!! I'm hoping it stays that way!
[signature]
we are going to have a balmy 35* temp today, and after tomarow we wont expect to be out of the 20's for the rest of the week. monday the temp is expected to drop down to 4*......

I knew all I had to do was forget my old girlfrends birthday to get a chill in the air [angelic]
[signature]
yep , and we should gave somer fishable ive in about two weeks , if i have it figured out right .
[signature]
We're gonna have a high of about 10 today. It was warmest at 12:01am yesterday (Saturday). The temperature slowly dropped. As I type this at 8:30am this morning (Sunday) it's a beautiful -8 and ice is forming. That means ice fishing is finally here! I don't think tomorrow's jump up to 30 will bother the ice any. Of course, it's gonna be dang cold with the 20+ MPH winds we're expecting.

There should be fishable ice now! Woooo! It was 2½ to 3 inches on Friday... a little thin for my comfort.
[signature]
Woke up this am to -5 degrees in the NW part of lower Mi. I immediately got in the truck, went to get the paper and some Joe and proceeded to Crookled lake to watch the water continue to freeze. This time next week it could be walkable.
[signature]
yep yep yep... I took a quick drive by my hole about noon. we had ice out about 30 feet from shore. any ice on the other side of the lake is being blown out to my side.

its looking like ice season before the end of bass season.... woooo hoooo... Maybe I can still pick up my LMB for the 16 species contest....
[signature]
on my way to the midland mall for some last minute christmass chaos i noticed that ross lake was completley covered with a thin sheet of ice . there were footprints and spud marks on the ice , i bet the guy was just testing the thickness and decided it wasen't safe yet .
sanford lake along u.s. 10 had 15 to 25 feet of shore ice and the rest of the lake was open water , the same thing for ross lake on highway 30 except it was swarming with thousands of geese in the open water beside the bridge .
ice will be walkable in another week i'm betting and it will be time to head to the petco pet store for some wax worms . why pay $2.50 or better for a dozen of waxeys when you can buy them in bulk for a lot cheeper (lizard food ).
[signature]
if ya' wanna get warm come on over , our low tonight is gonna be around -6 compaired to your -8 . [cool]
[signature]
[cool] Fish houses are getting put out by the hundreds this week end !!You still have to be careful thou , no ice is safe ice !!!

[signature]
Its been sub zero the last 3 nights with -12 being the coldest so far. There are already cars driving on Little Detroit in Detroit lakes, mn on Sat.
[signature]
We wanted ice we are going to get it. -17 at my house. -21 at Pellston only a few miles doen the road. I'm betting I can be augering through 4-6 inches on the smaller lakes by Friday.
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool][cool]Early ice for us in Ny as well checked out the local lakes on Sat. morning they were capped over then and now with this deep freeze it will do nothing but make some great ice. Just got to keep the wind down, we've been having a lot of wind all year don't like to chase the gear across the ice.
[signature]
Right now -5 w/ -40 windchill.[unsure]
[signature]
Gotta Love the Cold, more ice and longer fishin.
[signature]
Hey BigFreeze, welcome to BFT!

You're exactly right. More cold, more ice, longer ice fishing season. Can't wait!

Currently here in the Twin Cities it's about 7°... warmest it's been for 2 days. The high through Friday isn't supposed to get higher than the teens.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Not a lot of snow to enjoy riding yet. I just bought a XC 500 and there is just enough to toy around in the ditches. Come on snow![/size][/font]
[signature]
Youv'e got more snow up there than we do down here!
We can still see the grass.
[signature]
all the grass around my house is covered up with white powder [Wink]

been a long time since O'le Bing showed up around here for christmas....

snow, ice, and a new ice pole. can things get any better?
[signature]