Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
Went to Mantua again yesterday, Wed. Was trying for the larger bass. Went to the S.E. corner and tried using different lures and techniques including weightless 6 in. worms. Still caught small bass and a few trout. Oh well, it was an enjoyable day.

[crazy]Leaky
[size 4]Thanks for the fishing report leaky. One day those small bass will be big ones. Good luck [/size]
I had a chance also to hit Mantua on Friday for a few hours, and then slipped down to Willard bay for a few hours also. Did well at Mantua for many small bass and some nice trout using flies. At Willard, we only were fortunate enough to land 3 very nice wipers. 1 on a Small Fishie, one on a clown Rapala, and one on a white Zonker fly. Very exciting.

Jacob
[signature]
[cool]Hey leaky, if you want those bigger bass fish just south of the point and get just to the edge of the weed beds there in the clean water and fish the edges deep and you will pullout some of those Mantua Hogs.
[signature]
Hey Scooter,

I miss spoke in my original posting, I was in the North East corner! There is a mountain, what I call "Little Mountain", on the south side of this bay. At the end of the mountain that forms a point is a small impoundment where apparently they put the bass when they treated the lake. Is that the "point" you're talking about? If so, thats where (south side) I started and fished around the point into the bay on the north side. I didn't try the big worms on the south side of the point. I guess next time I will! Thanks!

[crazy] Leaky
[cool]Hey Leaky, Your on the right point. I head due south from the tip of the point like you heading to the south inlet. As your headed south you'll notice that you get out of the weeds and moss into clean water. I fish the edge of the weeds and get down deep and have had great success in catching the larger bass.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey Jacob, good to see ya on the board again. I thought maybe I scared ya away for good when we about capsized on Willard a while back. Thanks for the Willard and Mantua report. I still want to have you give me a tour guide around Jordanelle. If you can make it down Ogden way on Saturday, we'd enjoy you joining us for breakfast.[/size][/font]
[signature]