Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakfast for the boards (new date)
[size 1]Ok guys, Let shoot for Saturday, October 12th at Big Z's at 8:00am. I'm sure this will be a great time and maybe we can get out on the pond afterwards for awile. I was also thinking everyone should try to bring their boats. If for nothing else then to let everybody see what it looks like. Just an idea. That gives all you hunters a week to get your tag filled and eat some chow with us[cool]

Let me know who can make it.

Big Z's new address is 3904 N. HWY 89. She said it was just a few blocks past the Pepsi plant.[/size]
[signature]
Hey thats great, I will come down for that. See you there. AFDan
[signature]
What are the chances of you providing an address and directions to this place?

Kent
[signature]
[size 1]No problem Kent. Here it is. If you go to Yahoo maps and type in the address it will pull up a map for you. I havent been to the new one so I cant say how to get there.[/size]

[size 1][/size]

[size 1]Big Z's new address is 3904 N. HWY 89 Ogden. She said it was just a few blocks past the Pepsi plant.[/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Well fellas, I drove up to the new location of the Big-Z restraint to see if I could find it. It's up near Willard. As the bird flies, it is straight east of Smith & Edwards. It is about 0.2 of a mile south of the old Rocky Point Restraint on Hwy. 89. To get there from the Ogden area, go north on I-15 to exit 354 (Willard and Smith & Edwards exit). Take the exit and stay right ... basically making a U-turn back toward the south. Get on 89 and you are almost there. Big-Z is on the corner of Pleasant View Drive and Hwy. 89. It is on the east side of the road in a place I would pretty much call a dump. The sign on top says "Mountain View Cafe" and the sign under it says "Big-Z".[/size][/font]
[signature]
Dump???? Maybe we should opt for Denny's or Doug and Emmy's????
[signature]
I'll agree with that, Big Z is Ok if you want a lot for your money but it is the greasy spoon to top all greasy spoons. Doug
and Emmy's is better but I vote for Denny's but I'll go where ever, just name the spot. WH2
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]May I suggest ... Jeremiah's Restaurant,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It is located on 12th street in Ogden just east of the freeway. It has a sportsman/hunter atmosphere, pine furniture, and some nice bird and big game mounts. For the last eight years it has been voted as having the best breakfasts in Utah. And for five years, it was famous for having the best burgers in Northern Utah. On the sign out side it says "For a Mountain Man's Appatite". It is located fairly close to Willard if anyone wanted to go fish after breakfast.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]If we decided to go to Jeremiah's, then I will post the address and directions.[/size][/font][/size]
[signature]
DUHHH! I must have had a brain fart. I can'y believe I forgot Jeremiah's!! Good catch Coot and Jeremiah's is fine with me![Smile]
[signature]
Sounds good to me. WH2
[signature]
[size 1]Do they serve[/size] [size 1][#ff0000]B[#000000]i[/#000000][/#ff0000]g[/size] [#ff0000][size 1]F[/size][/#ff0000][size 1]ish and [#ff0000]T[/#ff0000]aters for breakfast there?[/size]
[signature]
I vote for Jeremiah's, I went by the new Big Z and the guys are right about the Dump part. Smaller then their last place. AFDan
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]OK guys, since we've got a few thumbs up, can I be so bold as to say "Then Jeremiah's it is"? (I really don't mean to be pushy or step on anyone's toes. I'm just a little excited about getting together with ya'll)[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]To get to Jeremiah's, from I-15, take exit 347 (12th street exit) in the Ogden area and go east on 12th street. Go east for only about 1/2 block and Jeremiah's is on the right next to the parking lot for the Best Western High Country Inn. Should be plenty of room to park your boat if you bring it. The exact address is 1307 West 1200 South, Ogden, Utah.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I'm sitting here looking at one of their menus. I'm ready right now for their "Break O'Dawn" bacon, sausage, two eggs, hashbrowns and all you can eat biscuits & gravy, pancakes, scones, or French toast .... 4.99[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey DaveTClown, If you could arrange to come all the way out from Michigan, I think we could arrange to have them cook up some [#ff0000]B[/#ff0000]ig [#ff0000]F[/#ff0000]ish and [#ff0000]T[/#ff0000]aters![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Speaking of making arrangements, I'll try to hit some of the local sporting good stores and see if they would be willing to kick in some door prizes.[/size][/font][/size]
[signature]
Jeremiahs it is then. Hope we get a good turn out and let me know if you need any help with door prizes Coot.
[signature]