Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Lazer pics
Hey Don,heres 2 pics of "Ice Lazers".The single one is my "go-to" color,but the last couple times out the brown tube has worked equally well.
[Image: lazer1.jpg]
[Image: lazer4.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks Slayerfish!! That's what I was looking at!
[signature]
If you guys check out 11milesports.com look at the jig heads on the tiny tots. Thats the size lead head I use to tie the scuds on. I tie them in red, orange, pink, and a few different greens. Most days it doesn't matter what color, but they can get picky.

If you don't tie I would just go to your nearest fly shop and pick up scuds in size 10 and 12 and then just add a small split for weight a couple of feet up from it. Freshwater shrimp and sow bugs along with other small crustasions make up a large percentage of what they eat and thats especially why when there in slow mode these will work better than the normal stuff you see.
[signature]
Thanks Oats-

Those tiny tots on the 11milesports.com page look like maybe 1/80th oz. jigheads. Does that sound about right? Do you paint yours? To match the body color? Do you tie something to look like a shell on your shrimp-type ice jigs? How about a tail? Any pics?

Do you sweeten them with something like a piece of mealworm or a waxworm?

Sorry to ask so many questions. "Enquiring minds want to know." LOL
[signature]
Don,

I think the lead heads I'm using are either 1/32 or 1/64 again it doesn't have to be an exact match as long as it looks like a shrimp. I do tie a short 1/4 inch tail of marabou in the same color and paint the heads in powder paint and tie what is called scud bac to get it that shell look. They'll hit these without bait, especially at Antero, but its always a good idea to sweeten them with something or add scent.
[signature]
A red San Juan Worm fished about a foot off the bottom also works. It looks like a midge larva. I caught a 8lb Bow on one about four years ago.
[signature]
Thanks Neal-

Did you make it up today? If so, how did you do? I got sucked in to staying in town to watch the Bronco game.

When you icefish the San Juan worm do you put bait on it? Or just fish it bare?
[signature]