Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass fishing
On Friday I went out bass fishing in my float tube on Lake Pueblo, which is located in Pueblo, CO. I was on the lake before sun up, air temp. was 45 degrees and water temp. 70 degrees. I started out throwing a buzzbait but had no strikes . So I switched to white spinnerbait with willow leaf blades. This time of year the bass are feeding on small shad and in the past this spinnerbait worked wonders. Well to say the least the fish would not hit that lure. I switched to a spinning rod with 8 lb test with a 1/4 oz jig and Yamamoto smoke with black flake grub. I managed to catch 2 spotted bass both around 13 inches long. Those were the only 2 fish I could catch. This year with the drought the water level is low. its been over 10 years since the lake was this low. Water color is stained to muddy. Still have October and November to fish so hopefully things will pickup in the next couple of months.
[signature]
i just bought my first tube this year went to fish a boat harbor i have been haveing some luck at catching bass when i launched i paddled over to the south dike which belongs to a private boat club so i was never able to fish it before couldn't ask for better condichions there was a wind blowing west to east so it moved me parallel to the bank ended up with 6 LM bass total biggest 19" and the worst sunburn on top of my legs i have had in years that was the first of many great trip i had this year can't wait for next summer to get here
[signature]