Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help this kid smile again
Found this on the Saltwater board, posted by Capt. Dan. <br><br>Can someone help me get this message out to the pros???<br><br>RE: Son w/Leukemia ‘FAN CLUB'<br><br>I hope this message gets to you, it is about my son Justin who is 13 yrs old and his battle with Leukemia. <br><br>Justin is a patient at Texas Children's Cancer Center in Houston, TX. He is battling his 2nd round with Leukemia since 1995. Originally diagnosed at the age of 7, he received 2.5 yrs. of chemotherapy and was off therapy for 2.5 yrs. We thought all was well, when he relapsed in 07/00. It was very heart breaking after all this long journey and just completing his 1st visit to the Long Term Survivor's Clinic, then we had to start all over again. <br><br>Justin has just completed radiation and is 7 months into his new chemotherapy treatments, which will last until approximately May of 2003 and then continue to see doctors until??? He was given a 95% chance to be cured in 95' and this time he was given better than 50%??? We don't know where our journey will take us this time, as we were so hopeful the 1st go around. <br><br>Justin has not had a normal life and is very Sad that he now once again is home bound from school and does not get to see his friends very often and will miss a lot of things during his teen years that other kids will get to do. He has had a rough past few months and as MOM, I am trying to brighten his days and put a Smile back on his face. Justin loves to fish and duck hunt. He loves to watch movies. He is a lego, Star Wars, Star Trek, video game, Gundam Wing and Crocodile Hunter MANIAC. He also loves music, country, pop, rock and MOM's music, actually most all music, so I am starting Justin his own 'FAN CLUB' to show him how much people do care. <br><br>If possible, could you please send him an autographed photo to add to his daily, growing collection that will be the biggest Fan Club ever. He also received a t-shirt we will have to pin on his wall because MOM forgot that tid- bit of information. Justin wears a 2XL, big guy, but tender hearted. The Smile on his face when he receives these photos is priceless and I want to continue keeping a Smile on his face. Each day that he Smiles, he is happy and I believe this will help him have a complete recovery from his cancer this time.<br><br>If you could pass the word along, through your many connections you have with many other celebrities who would be willing to help out with this JUSTIN'S FAN CLUB I would appreciate it.<br><br>Photos can be sent to: <br>Justin Young<br>296 Hightower Rd<br>DeRidder, LA 70634<br><br>Thanks, Alison-mom <br>e-mail = ali296@bellsouth.net<br><br><br>Lee<br>Lee's Custom Rods<br>"Quality is the product of crasftsmanship"