Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgetown 12/27
I fished Georgetown Monday from 10am-11:30am/ The ice is about 8 to 10" and slick. The area right next to the bridge has thin ice so stay clear.

I was earger to get out on the ice and try my new Christmas toys.. a Buzz Stick and a new quantum reel spooled up with 4lb transition line. We started in 5' and saw a few small rainbow with par marks,but no takers ( Aquaview). So after 30 minutes it was out to deeper water 10'. I was using a northland rattle spoon with a lindy little joe munchie red with a bare red hook. The jig was not weighted so when you hit the buzz it twitched like a 4 year old on Mountain Dew. I tipped the hook with a gulp maggot to sweeten the pot. It wasn't too long before my first action. A nice fat 15" hold over bow. Great color with a bright red line. The next fish came 15 mintues later ,but a little smaller and thinner. Nothing for the next 30 mintues. So we made one more move to the shallows on the Soutth Side off the point. There were a group of 4 fishermen that area that were doing well but all 8" fish. We had to leave,but it was fun to breakin the gear.
[signature]
Glad to hear you caught some fish PC. Sounds like Santa was good to you, too. Thanks very much for your report.
[signature]