Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eleven Mile update
Well I've seen it all now, rain in late December. It rained for about 5 minutes today at 4:00. Fished from 7:30 to 4:30, ended up landing 10 fish most were stockers to 14 inches, also 2 18's a 19 1/2 and a 17" fresh salmon. A lot more people out today but still far from crowded. I was fishing in 10ft, have any of you caught a salmon this shallow, I've caught a few spawners in shallow but never a silver one. From 1 to 2 the wind blew continually!
[signature]
Thanks Oats-

I'm going up somewhere this Sunday. Maybe 11 Mile, depending on weather. What did you take your fish on?
[signature]
I have caught them shallow before also, but it is rare. Usually it happens when you are fishing close to the channel, off a point like Howbart. Or the plankton is suspended a few feet below the ice and they are swimming along that level. I have caught quite a few over the years reeling up my jig and they nailed it right under the ice.

The two I got on Sunday were at about 10 feet deep over 30 feet of water. I was off Goose Island.
[signature]
Me and a friend were fishin in lazy boy bay from about 730 till 3pm.We caught 18.5,18.0,14.75 bobos and a bunch of little bos 12"ers.We entered the 1-8-05 contest also.
[Image: 8.jpg]
[signature]