Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lip Grips
Anyone try any lip grips that they would suggest for someone like me to get? I don't need the scale, just a grip to help get them fishies out of the hole easier than jerking em up with the line.
[signature]
i have a pair of berkley lip grippers that i picked up at hooked for $25. i know a few guys hat have these and they use them for macks and tigers. they work great at the berry to pull the fish threw the hole so you dont have to touch them and wipe of the protective slime.
[signature]
Nice one, thanks for the info.
[signature]
I've got the same ones that petty has, I have been taking with me up ice fishing and they work great. Last year I had a big bow straighten out my jig trying to lift it out of the ice. Now i just get its head up and and use the grips to pull it out.
[signature]
[url "http://store1.yimg.com/I/nctackle_1825_5019684"][Image: nctackle_1825_5027108][/url]
Berkley Big Game Lip Grips -- wouldn't leave home without mine. BLM showed me the value of them on the macks at Bear Lake. Work great in an ice shack so the fish isn't flopping all over. Also holds the fish so that one can get the hook out. Only challenge sometimes is getting the fish to say "Ahhhh" This year I had to replace mine (they don't float very well!) and I looked all over town and couldn't find any stores that carried them (sorry James should have checked Hooked) and ended up ordering them on the Internet. A couple days after ordering them I happened to be in KMart, and while wandering through the fishing department I noticed that they carried them.
[signature]