Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jig Making Party In Ogden
Im thinking about having a jig party in odgen the first week of febuary. need to know if there is any intrest.
[signature]
I will go if it is a week day evening! Otherwise I will be either at Bear Lake or a local body of water fishing!
[signature]
it will be a weekday
[signature]
I would enjoy attending a jig making session in the Ogden area. I have some lead and some small blabes for road runner type jigs that I could bring. Week nights are usually best. gshorthair
[signature]
i may come if i am welcome that is I am going to have one two here soon
[signature]
guess I should clarify alittle more. this isn't a beginners class. just a bunch of people gettting togeather and pouring a bunch of lead and sharing molds and ideas. space is limited.
[signature]
ok fine i am not welcome [unsure]
[signature]
I can do a week night!!!
[signature]
wednesday feb 2nd
[signature]
wednesday febuary 2nd. 6pm. we will be having chilli. and pouring and making jigs to your hearts content.
here is a list of people that have rsvped
fish1on
fish1onjr.
yper
yperjr.
tubedude
tkb
bearclaw
gshorthair

i have room for 1 maybe 2 more people.
[signature]
if anyone needs directions let me know.
[signature]
thanks to everyone that came to the jig party on wednesday. i felt like it went well. i hope everyone got what they wanted out of it. and thanks to tubedude for the show and tell session i think that helped alot of us out. im planning on doing one of these in ogden once a month
[signature]
Thank you jason for providing us with a place to pour. I really appreciated all the advice and experience TD had to offer. Thanks for drivin all the way up here Pat.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I always enjoy our little fireside chats, even if the fire is just melting lead.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It is great to see the number of folks who are getting into making their own jigs. It takes awhile to be able to crank out the "high end" stuff, but the journey is its own reward. The good news is that fish will eat jigs made by rookies too, so it keeps up the enthusiasm.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I think we agreed on this last session that the next one would cover more about painting, glittering and decorating. We will be doing one like that down here in Salt Lake next Wednesday. Anybody can melt lead, but it definitely helps to get some inside info on the fancy stuff. It can save a lot of time and money, and help turn out the good stuff quicker.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Driving up to Ogden is not an imposition. TubeBabe has a longtime friend up there that can't drive, so we have to go up there to see her. It works out fine for me to drop her off and pick her up...after breathing a lot of lead fumes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All ya gotta do is give me a few days notice of where and when, and what part of the program ya wanna focus on. I'll just tell Mr. Bush that I can't keep our dinner engagement and I'll drag my stuff up the road for another session. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yeeee Hawwww![/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, good chili Jason.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I think I will have to just set up shop at your place. LOL I think that my jig making/computer/game room is going to be put on the back burner yet again!

Thanks TD for the great info and taking the time to discuss safety with my boy. He loves to do craft like projects and will be a great jig designer one day. Anything to draw thier interest other than the playstation and tv!

Thanks for the hospitality Jason and count me in for the next shindig! I will be more than happy to provide drinks again to help you with the costs of putting one of these on. Offering food and drink is nice, the party hour tends to be during the feeding hour and hungry jigmakers can get a little grumpy! LOL
[signature]
im planning on making jig making a weekly thing. i plan on working in my jig shop every wednesday. if anyone would like to join in on the jig making fun your more then welcome to come just let me know a little in advance.
[signature]