Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Seminars at Gander Mountain
Here is some info on 2 free seminars at the Aurora Gander Mountain in January. I thought you guys might be interested.

[#008000]Ice Fishing for Lake Trout and Walleye, Jan. 13th, 7-8:30 PM[/#008000]
Presented by Dave Bryant (Colorado ESPN Outdoor show host and National Ice Team Power Sticks Pro Staff) and Tom "Doc" Johnson (Professional Walleye Trail pro and Colorado ESPN Outdoor show co-host).

This seminar will cover ice fishing equipment, lures, and techniques for catching Lake Trout and Walleye through the ice.

[#008000]Jig Pouring and Painting, Jan. 15th, 1-3 PM[/#008000]
Presented by Rich Stebbins (walleye tournament angler and Matzuo America Pro Staff) and Tom "Doc" Johnson (Professional Walleye Trail pro and Colorado ESPN Outdoor show co-host).

This seminar will cover equipment required for safely melting lead, pouring various styles and sizes of jigs, types of jig hooks that will increase the effectiveness of your jigs, and how to paint the jigs.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Donald! I am going to try to make the Walleye/Laker seminar.

I would also add that anyone looking for a quality spinning reel for this ice fishing season should check out the Gander Mountain Guide Series reels. Last week I bought the GSS25 and the GSS30. They were only 29.95 and have 7 ball bearings, 2 spools and a very smooth drag. My son caught a 5 lb Cutt on Sunday on the GSS25 and the drag worked flawlessly! Quality reel for very little money!

Donald, I told you at the store that your big smallie was the most impressive fish I have seen in Colorado in a long time, because of where you caught it and how close it was to the record! You should post the picture here, so everyone can see it?
[signature]
Thanks Neal! I'm glad you like the reels. I will try to get that rod ordered in for you tomorrow, I got pretty busy today and I know you're not in any big hurry. Here are pictures of two different smallies from Aurora last year, the one I'm holding was a little over 4 lbs., the other one was right at 5 lbs. I can't wait to try and top the 5 pounder this spring!
[signature]
Do you know if they have any for 07
[signature]