Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
da berry 01/03/05
well what and adventure today was. we started out at jordanelle. the lake is extremely low and the water is hard to get to unless you have a snowmobile plus there was about 4" of slush on top of the ice so needless to say slayerace and I headed for strawberry to meet up with cableguy, petty, and fishonlynch. when we got there we found that tomegun and the killer bee were also there. We couldn't find a good spot there to get slayerace's 4 wheeler through the snow so we headed across to the other side to see if we could get on the ice and then drive over to where petty and the gang were. well we went fine for a while and then sunk ourselves really good in about 3 foot of snow and for the next 2 hours worked on getting unstuck and out onto the ice. well the snow on the ice was too much to make if over to the other guys so we parked it there and fished. Sorry petty and jim, I tried to get over there. The fishing was pretty slow for the day. I caught a nice 19-20" cuthroat right off though and ended up with four for the day and a few lost hookups. Slayerace also caught 4. If we could have caught half of the bites it would have been a great day though. they would just mouth it and leave. Oh well I am going to try to thaw out for the rest of the night now so enjoy everyone,
jed
[signature]
What were you using for bait up there?
What area did you wind up at?
How far out were you fishing and what depth?
Thanks for your response, DKS.
[signature]
We talked to some guys over on the east side of CCE, they had done pretty good in 12 feet of water. They said they iced 15 cutts and 6 bows. I think you guys must have been parked next to them. Were you in a gold Grand Cherokee with a black trailer? Thanks for the report, and sorry we didn't get to meet. Good luck on your next trip out.
[signature]
Two questions on Jordanelle, 1) Could you drive down to the boat launch or was the gate still shut up the road? 2) Was the lake frozen up to the wakeless bouys and beyond? Thanks in advance and I hope you are thawed out sufficiently.
[signature]
yea that was us. we will have to try and get together for another trip another time,
jed
[signature]
it is not shut up, but there is a big sign that says no motor traffic. the only place you can drive to past the sign is the new outhouse they have up there. Second the lake is not frozen out that far. close, but not yet,
jed
[signature]