Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leadville area
Anyword yet at Twin Lakes or Turquoise? That early season action can be fast and furious! Nice part about Twin is the access, but be careful each year a few cars go in, although its always in the same area near the trees or Plume Creek.
[signature]
Oats-

I haven't heard anything from Twin. I heard Turquoise has been pretty slow so far. I'm interested in any info you can come up with on either lake. This Saturday is the Lake John tourney so I'm not going there this weekend. I don't have any real experience with Twin or Turquoise but I'd like to learn them for lakers.
[signature]
I called today, on these and I guess its been on and off as usual. Usually Turquoise is awsome for lakers although it helps to have the vex around mainly because many of them are off the bottom and a lot of times those are the most aggresive. In other words in a half day, you might have 20 fish come off the bottom and 10 fish mid way up and the only ones that will hit are the fish half way up. Turquoise is a lot like fishing Granby, but without the long drive for me.

I usually try Twin first for a couple of hours if its slow, its that way all day so I'll shoot up to Turquoise where the action is always good to excellent, but this season might be different well see. As far as trying to get a big one, its more about time spent on the water than location these lakes are relatively small.
[signature]
Oats-

I may have to give one of these a shot this weekend. I'm thinking about hitting Grand lake, too, but that's a tough walk out to that ridge if there's deep snow to drag your stuff through.

Alas, so many waters, so little time.
[signature]
Don, give them a try can't hurt!!! Have you heard anything about Cherry Creek or Chatsie.
[signature]
Oats,

Does Twin have bigger macks than Turquoise? Is it slower though than Turquoise or Ruedi, which is also fast? Ever caught any big ones out of Turquiose? I have heard nowadays, just like Granby, that it's rare to get a 24 incher or bigger out of Turquoise.

Tyler
[signature]
Most of the fish caught out of each lake are from 18 to 23" anything outside of that is rare. Both lakes have some big fish its just a matter of fishing over them the day they get hungry enough to eat. They also slow down a bit during these colder months.
[signature]