Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If any of you are from Baraboo Area
From our December newsletter:

January 19th Meeting to Feature Len "Spinner" Harris
By Kevin Searock

The next meeting of the Aldo Leopold Chapter of Trout Unlimited will be held on Wednesday, January 19, 2005, at Gander Mountain in Baraboo (on the west side of Highway 12, two blocks south of intersection with Highway 33). The meeting room is in the back of the store near the archery range. An open Board meeting will begin promptly at
6 p.m., followed by a brief Chapter meeting at 7 p.m. Len's slide show/program will start at 7:15 p.m. Len "Spinner" Harris has devoted much of his life to the pursuit of large trout from Wisconsin's driftless area spring creeks. Along with being one of Wisconsin's premier lunker hunters, Len's also one of the most enthusiastic fishermen I know. Despite numerous inland trout over 25" to his credit, Len still makes every cast hoping that an even bigger trout will smash his Panther Martin or Mepps. As you can see, Len is a double threat to big trout as he is both a fly fisher and a spin fisher. Len hails from Richland Center and has many stories from his thirty-plus years as a trout angler and guide in southwestern Wisconsin. In my opinion, Len's ability and knowledge about how to catch lunker trout are in the same class as Tom Wendelburg, author of "Catching Big Fish on Light Fly Tackle". Len's slide program is unique, and he fishes the same country that many of us do. I guarantee his program will be "down home", entertaining, and a real eye-opener as far as the size of the trout that live in Wisconsin's driftless area streams.
[signature]