Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigfishtackle.com Ice Fishing Contest 2005
[center][font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4]Bigfishtackle.com Ice Fishing Contest 2005[/size][/black][/font] [/center] [center]January 10th - March 15th [/center] [center]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Rules[/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Winner will be determined by the total combined lenth in inches of up to seven species caught in your area[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]YOU MAY[/font][/size] [/center] [ol] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Reply to this post one time only and then upgrade your entry post (if you don’t know how to edit you can send me the info in a PM and I will edit it for you)[/font][/size][/li] [ul] [li][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]we just want to keep the entries up front, you will be able post and chat with other contestants.[/size][/font][/li][/ul] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Up load your pictures as an attachment in your post[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Fish must be caught in 2005 Hook and Line Through a hole in the Ice (Including Tipups).[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]You, your fish, snow or ice, tape measure and the bigfishtackle.com logo must be in the picture.[/font][/size][/li] [ol] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]You may wear a bigfishtackle ite [/font][/size][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]or have a computer generated logo print out in the picture with you (you can down load the logo form the attachment file in this post)[/font][/size][/li][/ol] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]You may enter up to seven species from your area[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]You may upgrade your entry for a larger of the same or different species[/font][/size][/li][/ol]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]YOU MAY NOT[/size][/font] [ol] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Spear your fish (Although it is a method of fishing it is not a method of angling)[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Jump in the hole and catch the fish with your teeth.[/font][/size][/li][/ol]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size] [center][font "Monotype Corsiva"][yellow][size 7]Prizes[/size][/yellow][/font][/center] [center][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]First Place - Bragging Rights[/font][/size][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Second Place - Bragging Rights[/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Third Place - Bragging Rights[/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Forth and lower you can tell them you came close in a national contest[/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I strongly urge you to treat this like a real contest. [/size][/font][/center]

[left][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=chiefpanfish;"][font "Arial"][black]chiefpanfish [/black][/font][/url][/left] [left][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8599;][/left] [center]Hard Water Division[/center] [center][#ff0000]Official First Place Winner[/#ff0000][/center] [ol] [li][black]10 inch perch[/black] [li][/li] [li][/li] [li][/li] [li][/li] [li][/li] [li][/li][/ol] [left]Total = 10[/left] [center][/center] [left]
[left][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=davetclown;"][font "Arial"][black]davetclown[/black][/font][/url][/left] [left][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8601;][/left] [center]Hard Water Division[/center] [ol] [li][black]10 inch yellow perch [/black] [li][black]10 inch blue gill [/black][/li] [li][black]25 inch Northern Pike [/black][/li] [li][black]20 inch Dog Fish (Bowfin)[/black] [/li] [li][/li] [li][/li] [li][/li][/ol] [left]Total = 65[/left] [center][/center] [left]
[signature]
Hi Dave,
We finally have ice here so I will be getting out this week and then make an entry. But one question on the top of the page you say seven different fish and then on item five you say 5 different fish. Which way do we go?
Stay safe we had one snowmobile go thru the ice tonight driver ok but his brand new sled is still on the bottom. Average ice thickness here is 4 to 6 inches.Chief
[signature]
good eye, thanks, it is seven this year. this should make it fun [cool]
[signature]
[reply]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]YOU MAY NOT[/size][/font] [ol] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Spear your fish (Although it is a method of fishing it is not a method of angling)[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Jump in the hole and catch the fish with your teeth.[/font][/size][/li][/ol]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][/center] [/reply]
[signature]
did you want to fish using one of those methods? LOL...

yep that is a redundant joke about wanting to make the contest for hook and line compitition. this includes tipups.

fishing for pike thorugh a hole is like playing blind base ball...LOL spearing them is a little more productive....
[signature]
here is my first entrie,

a 9 1/2 inch yellow perch caught in oakland county michigan 1/29/05

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8159;]

[font "verdana, arial, helvetica"][size 2]here is my second entrie

a 10 inch blue gill caught in Oakland County 1/29/05[/size][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8161;]
I had a third entrie buy my batterie gave out, but you can see the 8" crappie that wont count in the pile below.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8160;]
[signature]
Uh oh. You're ahead of the game! Wait for us!
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool] Hi dave here is my first entry this is a 10" perch caught Feb 3rd 2005 from Huddle Bay Lake George NY by the town of Bolton. For every fish you kept you thru back 5 what a great day of non stop action. It was like putting your line into a bag of petridge farm fish.
[angelic][angelic]I loose 1" but I gained the snow. This is a 9" perch caught Feb.13th from Huddle Bay by the town of bolton Lake George NY. This was another good day with non stop action I had to jig sticks going but had to cut back to one because of the action
[signature]
aw, man! no snow!!!
I know guys who would give a case of beer for a catch like that....

Been years since I saw a mess like that my self. if I get 8-10 9-10 perch I am having a teriffic day....

you catching them on minnow?
[signature]
[Sad][Sad] Oh well I forgot about the snow next time jsut another reason to get back out. We were using jigs and maggots, they seem to work well on Lake George because they look like the fresh water shrimp the perch feed on.
[signature]
10 inch Yellow perch
2-20-05
south east michigan
[signature]
[cool][cool]Hi Dave, Did you notice I added a second perch to my other post with snow this time. I didn't get out this past weekend just did stuff around the house and veged out.
[signature]
no, I didnt notice, thanks for clueing me in...
[signature]
Hey Larry, I made it out fishing today after about a week of no fishing,

I caught about 50 perch and not a single one of them over 4 inches long...

I was looking for a pike, but with that much available food I had no luck inticing a pike to hit any thing.. maybe tomarow.
[signature]
Well I finaly got number 3 today, I had a nice 14 inch bass day before yesterday, but no camera and I had to release him right away, out of season.

todays entry is a 10 inch Crappie caught march 7th 05 south east michigan.
[signature]
I was out again Sunday morning and all I was able to catch was perch not that that is a bad thing. The only other fish I've managed to pick up is Bass I either didn't have the camera or I forgot the ruler. I haven't been able to target any different fish, and when I've had tipups out there has been no action on them at all. Other than some great perch it's been a slow year. Striper season opens here March 16th so I'm gearing up for that. Can't wait to be able to get my boat out. I froze up herring last year so I can get an early jump on them this year. I'll have to launch down south by Kingston NY.
[signature]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8728;]
I got out today and only got one bite. And this time was not on one of my fingers...

Northern Pike
25 inches
March 11th
Commerce twp south east michigan
on a Mega Bait Buck Tail Jig
[signature]
Well yesterdays Pike was a pleseant catch of the day concidering it was my only catch of the day.

today I went out around noon time and caught a dozen gills, nothing to write home about, came home and sat down for about 5 minutes got a call from another fishing buddy and so I was right back out on the ice again, fished till just about dark when I got ahold of this strange lookin site for this time of year...

20 inch Dog Fish (Bowfin)
caught 3-12-05
Commerce twp (sout east michigan)
[signature]
I put the score card up on the first post.

looks like we are the only two members in the running unless some one else makes entries soon.

my pike and walleye season just ended, I think my trout season just ended also but I will have to check.

I went pikeless and walleye less last year, I thought for sure you would come up with another monster pike again this year. I wonder what the boys will come up with for Minnisota. Last year they caught a bohemouth of a pike but did not enter it....

These short seasons realy kill an ice compitition. It is unusualy nice to be able to ice fish on St Patties day. been a long time... way back in the 70's as far as I can remember, there were a few years when I was traped behind a machein so I could have miss one or two....

good luck if you still have any ice holding up...
[signature]
[Tongue] YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY IT ENDS BEFORE WE GET BACK FROM OUR YEARLY TRIP UP NORTH , DROWNED RAT AND MINNEMAN AND I ARE PLANNING TO GET THE BIGGIES STARTING TOMMORRO !! LOL !!! CONGRATS ON THE WINNER THOU !!!!

[signature]