Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Wright Grayling,pics
Me and a friend fished JWR for 6 hrs on 12-31.We caught a total of 30 grayling,4 cutts and a small pike or maybe a tiger muskie.The grayling ranged from 6-11 in and skinny,look like chubs to me except for the dorsal fin.Cutts were 9" and skinny.The alleged big macs in there were smarter than I thought,maybe try again at ice out.The ice was 22" thick and the wind howled,but the hike through waist deep snow from the tiny parking areas made it worth my while! Everything on gold kastys-Later-
[Image: 9.jpg]
[Image: 10.jpg]
[signature]

Thanks Slayerfish-

I've always wondered what that lake was like. That sure looks like a young tiger muskie. Cute little rascal, huh?
[signature]
The lake is bigger and deeper than I imagined it-for example,100ft offshore its 75 ft! All fish were caught 15 ft above a 40 ft bottom.Maybe by the inlet end its shallower but theres no access.Youd hafta walk a long ,very steep hill to get there.A snowmachine would be great.We fished the dam end cause its the easiest access.
[signature]
Is this the lake on the south side of hwy 14 as you come down from Cameron Pass toward Ft. Collins? If so, I came back by it one day last winter and remember thinking what a bleak, windy, steep, frozen spot it looked to be!
[signature]
Yes,Don-thats the one!It seems like its ALWAYS windy there,makes 11-mile seem like the back yard!
[signature]
Hold on is this lake near Rifle Gap, seems oddly familiar, but I don't believe I've been to it. I know they do a lot of Dog sleding in those parts.
[signature]