Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bovine threat
Whoa! I just read on the Freep website the hunter from Traverse City whop cut himself while gutting his deer which he shot in the Alcona region. He has been confirmed as having the Bovine Tuberculosis bug. He is being treated with anti biotics.

Wow! The threat is real. This should put a new perspective on how we clean our deer, if we go hunting in that region etc., etc.
[signature]
Ya I know, it has been on the news down here as well.

Bovine TB.

I cut my self this last november too. now I have to make an apointment to see the doc and get my self tested as well.

I was wiping the blood off my hands and knife when it slipped and about sliced the side of my finger off.

I treated it as well as my first aid skills allowed me. I should have went in and got stiches but I didnt. for a self preservation first aid thing I did quite well, the scar is not bad at all,

I did bleed good so I am hoping that I flushed any deer blood that had gotten in to infect. I havent felt any simptoms mentioned on the news, but they said it is vary slow acting and when it takes hold it is as much a contagous threat and humab TB.
[signature]
This is scary! You watch yourself buddy- and don't mess around with it. Just another BAD thing we have to watch out for in this world I guess.
[signature]
just got back from seein the doc.

he said I probably didnt have it, but said a man should be tested for TB every couple years regardless. so I got the needle and gotta go back on monday for the follow up.

did I mention I hate needles [pirate]

If I see a cute nurse walk in with a needle all I see is the needle.... that is all I can think about... I'm gonna get stung.

I knew deer could have TB I just didnt know the people could get it the deer strain. I told the doc I didnt want to take any chances of spreading something around the hood....

On the up side, the doc thought I did a pretty good job putting my finger back to gether... I was after all an offall long way from the nearest stitch reprisentitive when it happened..
[signature]
You needles, me snakes! The report you got is great. I just hope everyone who put a hole inthemselves while gutting a deer takes precautions-get to the Doc like you did.

What if there were two cute nurses? Would that make a difference??
[signature]
well them snakes dont bother me at-tall, had my firts pet massisaga when I was 5 and a woopin to remind me about not bringin snakes in the house[sly] Lernt wat a rattler was that day too [laugh]

I dont even have to see that needle commin for it to bother me. even when I know that needle is commin it is still a shock for me to see it.

Its funny cause I pick them turn them every which way grab the needle bend and break them, dosnt bother me at all, ecept for when they have my name on them as one did way back in youth.

I remember back in the mid 60's when a kid wasnt even safe from a shot in school. they would call us down to the nurces office by name, line us all up for My first school shot! (first the doctors office and now here! they were out to get me!)

They called my name over the pa, I went and got in line, there must had been 200 kids in front of me, I stayed in line all the way up till I got to the door, and then that is where I saw it! that great big 3 inch needle being shoved in to another kids arm, I looked at my arm and it wasnt half the size of that needle then looked at that needle and that kid started crying.

That was enough for me, I was gonna have no part of this at all. And I was gonna have to get out of this and I was gonna be slick about it, I stood there for a bit then truned around and went back to my class room like I got the shot already. thought nobody would be the wiser. well about 15 minutes later I found I wasnt as slick as I thought I was when they called my name on the PA sistem and told me to come right back down. every body in the class turned around and looked at me and said what are you going to do now? seeing how I couldnt out smart a pencil and a papper with my name on it I went back going as slow as I posibly could. got there and every body was waiting on me. I walked half way cross the room and decided that this was not for me and turned around and was going to make a bee line for the door and freedom.

I guess the princible knew I had one more good run left in me cause that was where he was waiting for me! I steped out the door and he caught my arm and dragged me back over to the nurce. But I didnt go down with out a good fight.[sly] Hollared and screamed the whole way, the principle and another nurce held me down. And that was when I saw my name taped on to that needle!!! I guess they had pratice at doing this cause it didnt take much time at all for them to do the whole thing.

the nurce gave me a sucker after the shot and now that wasnt that bad was it. I turned and looked at him with watter in my eyes and said "YES IT WAS"

that is where I got my first words of wisdom, the principle took me back to his office sat me down after a few scribblings in his book he looked over at me and said are you allright are ya gonna be ok? I looked down at the floor and with a big sigh I said ya,

he tossed me another sucker and said next time dont look at the needle. it wont be so bad. I being about 2 1/2 - 3 feet tall looked all the way up to the 6 foot or taller principle, and shuddered and said

"there's .... going .... to .... be .... a .... next .... time?"

sure -- nuff, for the next three years every couple months we got the needle whether we needed it or not.

Principle Dogget was there waiting for me on the very next round, all he had to say said was "you going to be ok?" I took a deap breath and said "ya" He Smiled and said good. I didnt look at the needle when it came my way, and I walked away with my head held up high cause I was one of the vary few "NOT CRYERS" [Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]

I can look back and find amusment about the situation, but still the though of a needle with my name on it taunts me....

sittin here now, I remembered what kind of a shot it was 40 years ago, It was a "TB" cause 9 hours later latter my arm still hurts from that 3 inch needle.

But better safe than sorry.[crazy]
[signature]
Now that's a story! I see now why the needle is a not a symbol of hope justice and everything cuddly. Your Principal Dogget and my principal SISTER JOAN must have come from the same mold. After she beat my hands with rulers, she would ask, "Now, did you learn anything from this little episode?" One time I said, "Yeah, you are going to have to order some new rulers soon." Not the thing to say to a nun having a bad day-OUCH
[signature]
Yeeouch,,, sure gives new meaning to the term yard stick....[angelic]

I had a teacher who had a paddle named "Black Bart" made of red oak 18 inches long 8 inches wide 1 inch thick speckeled with 1 inch holes. when met with the behind of a hooligan it sent him flyin 10 and he would to turn back around and walk back for seconds and thirds with a license to use it! I was standin there the day paps told him to put in a lick for him whilest he was at it [pirate]

As time went by mr Dogget turned in to a valuable asset and was quite respectable in the comunity and was fair in his judgments. every one had the chance to say thier peice if an argument broke out before he would make a disision. as it would seem he was always in my corner... even long after I was no longer under his guidance.... wished there were more people in this world like him...
[signature]