Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possum Soup
Hi Guys
I need your help
I have a Big (5lb) Bad Possum living under my house and I want to trap him and send him back to the hills were he belongs .
Can anyone tell me how to do or not to do this.
What Bait ?
What kind of trap?
Can I build my own trap?
My local Animal Reg office said that Iam on my own.
Thanks
[signature]
If you want to let him go instead of making stew then a Havahart trap is what you need. I allways used to get them in my coon sets so fish is a good bait. Can of sardines should work fine. Keep us updated on you trap line. [Wink]
[signature]
I'll have the soup![Wink]
[signature]
havahart trap,can of cat food,or a piece of raw meat.after you catch him,ware heavy leather gloves,to move trap.they have very sharp claws
[signature]
fer pickin up them opossums they aint nothin better en' a hen house, but if en' you aint got one in the back yard you are goona have ta settle fer some "KFC BONES" (any cooked chicken bones will do, even a dead bird found will attract an Opossum.)

yes you can build a live box trap for the opossom, they aint to bright so all you need is a dore that open one way.

a comercial live trap is the berries, well worth the bucks. re usable, re saleable, light weight, and for the time and materials you are going to use it is realy in expencive in compairison.
[signature]