Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora Reservoir Ice!
I just got word today that there is finally fishable ice in Marina Cove at Aurora, 4-5 inches! I can't wait to get after the perch out there again, here is one that I caught last year. Keep in mind that the tube in the picture is a 4 incher that I was trying for big trout!
[signature]
Unfortunately we are supposed to have warm Chinook winds this weekend[Sad] I was hoping it would be cold all weekend, so I could go out there Monday morning.
[signature]
That perch was from Aurora. Hopefully the weather men are wrong again and we don't get those warm winds Neal. I've been hearing good reports from Chatfield, Cherry Creek, and Aurora. I'm going to get out on Wednesday, hopefully we'll get another cold snap to thicken the ice a bit before then. If not I'll just go on thin ice as I have in the past. Hopefully this isn't the year I take my first plunge through the ice! [blush]
[signature]
Yeah, Chatfield is partially iced up and safe in areas. The south end has the thickest ice, along with the small cove by the west boat ramp. Several guys have been catching trout, walleyes, and perch.
[signature]
I had to write an estimate on a home nearby Aurora Res. today, so I stopped by. Marina and Senac are iced, but it only looks about an inch or two[Sad] There were spots with open water and the park sign said 0-2 inchs. Unless we get some cold weather it isn't going to happen there[mad]
[signature]