Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bait Question?
Just a quick question? What is everbodies bait of choice? Do you prefer waxies, Mealies, or somthing else. I have always just used waxies, a little hestitant to mix things up. They always seem to produce for me, but now I'm looking for somthing to mix it up with. Any help would be appreciated.
[signature]
I've heard arguments for waxies and for mealies...I tend to use both, and I haven't noticed a difference. I kinda like the mealies because they stay on the hook better...but that's the only argument I have for them.
[signature]
In the past I have only used mealies but this year starting to mix it up a little with minnow and having good success on both. The jury is still out. If I'm not catching on one I switch up and then usually start catching again. When that quits go back to the first again and keep rotating...
[signature]
I fish mealies on my top bait and a minnow chunk on my bottom bait (use two jig setup, suspended at different lengths). Honestly, it's been 50/50 all year long. Haven't seen a preference, but the bigger fish have all been on the minnows.

F4F
[signature]
i use a variety of baits when i ice fish.. i use waxies.mealworms.red worms.night crawlers.magits.carp meat. chub meat.shiners. and suckers.. even cheese, power bait and salmon egg's. what ever the fish want..

some places i fish i know what the fish want or what is working best so i only take that bait with.. but if i'm fishing new water i bring a whole bunch of stuff to see what works best..

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
I usually take alot of different baits with me. It all depends on where I am fishing. But I never go anywhere without the good old nightcrawler. Sometimes a jig tipped with a tiny piece of nightcrawler works when all else fails.
[signature]