Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know about Corn Creek?
I've got a buddy who is going fishing at Corn Creek near Kanosh and is asking about it. I know nothing about Corn Creek. [unimpressed] Anyone been fishing there or knows anything about it? He's leving pretty soon, like this weekend.
Leaky[Smile]
I grew up near Fillmore and occasionally fished Corn Creek as a kid. In the summer time there can be a lot of rattle snakes, so it always scared me about getting bitten. Corn Creek is small but holds quite a few trout, I think rainbows and browns. In the summer the stretch around Adilade, the forest service campground, gets hit really hard. I don't think it gets fished very much in the winter. You would need a 4x4 or snowmobile to get up high enough to get to the Forest Service line I think. If this storm comes in Friday it could be real tough without a snowmobile.
You might be able to call Joe Ashman at the Pioneer Market store in Fillmore for local information. He runs one of the few fishing tackle stores in the area. Or call the Kanosh Mercantile store in Kanosh and ask if they have heard of the conditions or know of a source for information. Acey
[signature]
I used to fish Corn Creek quite a bit. It seems as if the drought has been pretty tough on this water. There used to be some nice sized browns in the lower section. I would imagine there are still a few in there. It is very accessible in the lower canyon, so I wouldn't worry too much about the snow.
[signature]
Yes. send me a p.m.
[signature]
Thanks to Leaky, asking on my behalf and also to Hookemup for an indepth sharing of his knowledge of the creek, and to the other folks who posted on this, I had a great trip. I caught some fish, saw some incredible scenery and the weather cooperated....what more could a fisherperson ask for? In answer to the thought about rattlesnakes, I would consider that very carefully before going to this creek. With all the rockpiles, deadfall, and bushes along the creek, this is rattlesnake heaven. I would make this a winter fishing spot and definitely avoid it during the summer,.... Its a snakebite waiting for an ankle to nibble on. If any river folks would like info, please PM me and I'll tell you more. Its a long trip but was worth it. So, again, thanks to all who helped me out.... I really appreciate it. Hookemup, feel free to share my report I gave you with other members if they ask you.... When i get my pics back, I'll post some I think.... If I can figure it out. I know I tried once before.
[signature]