Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll # 1
[Smile] I have some polls I would like to do on here , ones that people that don't icefish, would'nt understand , so thats why I did'nt put them on Fishing poll board !!

POLL # 1

What kind of Ice auger do you own ?

I have a 10 inch Jiffy Stealth which I really like !!!

[signature]
I've got a 6" Strikemaster Lazer hand auger that I attach to my cordless drill for some quick holes. Now I just gotta figure out why my battery dies so quickly.

At least if I get really cold I can just start drilling holes by hand and warm up again. [Wink]
[signature]
I have a; [indent]
10 pound spud (40 years old)
7 inch cup hand (30 years old)
12 inch jiffy (25 years old)
[/indent]
can any one guess which one I use most often?
[signature]
I also have a 10" Jiffy stealth, plus a 14 year old son with a penchant for destroying ice with a spud.
[signature]
*10" Folding Strikemaster Mora
*8" Strikemaster power Mag III

And new for Christmas

*10" Strikemaster Power Lacer
[signature]
I too have a 10" jiffy.
[signature]
i have a 8" jiffy 30,and 3 jiffy spuds
[signature]
My auger is a 8" Mora, folding handle, older style.wouldn't trade it for a new one.
[signature]
I bet you use the spud bar most often. With all the ice you guys have been getting lately you don't need much more.

I also have a spud bar but only use it to re-open holes that have frozen over just a few inches. A lot easier than trying to auger it open!

When you move, can I have your Jiffy?
[signature]
I have an 8" Mako gas and a 6" mora labor. Right now I need to take the boat out rain and warm weather we have no safe ice locally. I guess I'll have to tavel up north. We are coming into a cold spell so I'm hoping to fish around home.
[signature]
this year I havent used my cutting devices, my neighbor was going to toss out his lazer cause he couldnt sharpen it.

I took it from his can home sharpened the blade, waited two weeks till we had safe ice again went out to test the cut one day, gave him back his auger after cutting a dozen holes on monday this week, went out fishing again on tuesday, holes still wide open, and on wensday the ice was gone.

I use the old cup auger more than my other tools.

the advantage this tool has over other type of augers is that it will open old holes where as other type of augers will drift to the side and bind in old holes.
[signature]