Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabela's Catalog
Got my Cabela's Walleye Edition Catalog yesterday. I think I am already getting tired of ice fishing LOL!

Caught one Koke and four Bows at 11-Mile on Monday. The largest was a 19" Cuttbow on a Buckshot Rattle spoon.
[signature]
I'm like you, Neal. I'm ready for open water again. Thinking of taking the boat to Pueblo this weekend. I assume it's all open. I've been talking with some friends in Utah and they're still fishing open water on Flaming Gorge and whacking some big, big fish in the process.

That's a good day at 11 Mile that you had. Yours is one of only two kokanee I've heard of from 11 Mile this winter.
[signature]
Whats the story up at FG? Pueblo is all open besides some ice in a couple of coves. I haven't been out in a long long time but would expect the trout action to be pretty good.
[signature]
I got lucky on the Koke[Wink] I was bringing my spoon up and he was just there? under the ice. I fished the first ten feet of water under the ice the rest of the afternoon and caught another small Bow and lost another Koke.

You know Oats, before I started ice fishing. I use to walk the south shoreline at Pueblo and cast jigs. I caught walleye and trout almost every trip and never saw anyone else fishing. I would always have a second rod out with an inflated crawler and the bows there loved that! THey were always nice sized fish also[Smile]
[signature]
Thats a good area for trout especially in the winter. Many bait guys fish that area in the winter and catch a lot of three to five pound rainbows. Another thing this lake isn't well known for but those Maconeh (SP) rainbows can get pretty big and do with all those shad. I also just got my bait casting net in, so it will be fun to try to get some free bait. I'd be out there if my boat trailor wasn't being welded due to a bent beam, I just recently found.
[signature]
Wow I didn't realize there was that much ice. What size were the trout?
[signature]