Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Silverwood?
[size 2][size 1]Hello All,[/size]

[size 1]Anyone fished Lake Silverwood in a while?[/size]

[size 1]I'll be out that way next week and wanted to drop a line. I've caught some good trout in the lagoon by the prison years ago but haven't been out there for a long time.[/size]

[size 1]How has the striper fishing been, any recommendations on what to fish?[/size][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Well I guess I answered my own question, Lake Silverwood ROCKS!

Trout, Crappie, Large Mouth and Stripers, all in a 1/2 days work. Although we didn't fair as good as most because we weren't really sure where to fish:

We tried the shore by lot 2 with anchovies, night crawlers and various lures but had limited success, pulled out 1 pan sized trout on power bait.

Tried the rocks by the docks at lot 1 (i think) blue and chrome cast master produced small large mouth. My son caught a Large Mouth barely bigger then his kastmaster. [center][Image: wall.cgi?id=597&do=view_image][/center] [left]
Tried paying the $3 to fish the dock and if your not going to rent or launch your own boat this is the ticket (with the kids the boat isn't really an option, not enough to do during the slow times). The dock produces 1 to 6 pound striper, large mouth, and catfish throughout the day. Reccomended baits are anchovies, chicken liver, or mackeral. The other great part about fishing the dock is you get to talk with anglers as they come in. We saw and talked to some other anglers who had great days, 12# large mouth, 23# and 31# stripers were brought in from the morning sessions. For lake stripers these are pretty sweeeet! Certainly not the biggest in the lake!

Lake Silverwood, DEFINETLY WORTH THE DRIVE!!!
[/left]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[laugh] now thats a wopper of an angler u got there,

great report and I luv the pic.

I found years ago that the only set up that works with kids in a boat (6 years and younger) is a short bamboo pole (under 5 feet) and then park right on top the fish for best results. other wise plan on maintaining the little one and dont plan on fishing (lol)

I forgot to mention that the bamboo pole is a hard sale untill they start yanking the fishes in. try selling it as some thing new and not yet tryed in the industry. The bamboo pole has my greatest respect as a valid fishing tool.
[signature]
Thanks Dave.

Funny you mention the bamboo rod. We were right next to a fisherman on the dock with one that had to be about 15+ feet long with what looked like a slip bobber on the end. We saw him hiost it up to check his bait but were hoping to see him hook up. The kids were pretty amused by it, I'll have to take your adviseand give it a shot!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator