Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night Fall fishing at Pleasent
I have been hearing about the nice catches of White Bass and Stripers being caught in the late evening at the lake. So being the curious person I am I decided to go and try it my self. We hit the water at about 5:15 and threw Buzzbaits in and around Sh_t house cove. Right away we picked up a few small Largemouth then as we moved around to HOneymoon Cove the whites and Stripers started busting shad in the back, we rushed over there with RattleTraps and pop R's in hand and just tore into the massive schools of these voracious fish. Within a hour we had boated 19 whites all around 2 pounds and 4 stripers biggest hitting the Pop R weighed at 7 pounds and what a nice fight that was. At dark we threw out the ole crappie light in the same area and started to jig spoons win the shad/minnows started showing under the lights. We stayed out under the lights for a good two hours and boated about 30 whites with a few stripers in between. So first hand I went out to find out myself if the bite was as good as said and it was. So if you get a chance go out and dont forget to bring the Crappie lights. If you cant find them in Honeymoon cove, Jackass cove, or Sh_t house cove go and try the other mouths of the coves and soon you will be in hog heaven.

FAVOR TO AZ FISHERPEOPLE>>> Please practice catch and release of the small largemouth in the lake and take as many Whites and Stripers as the law allows. I strongly believe that the decline of the Trophy status of the largemouth in that lake is due to the voracious feeding habbits of both the stripers and the Whites. The Largemouth fishing isnt like it used to be before the other bass populations thrived.

Thanks

[teeth]
[signature]