Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been out?
Tried to make up to 11-Mile this morning, but didn't make it[unsure] The roads were fine till i got about five miles up the canyon on Hwy 24. It had already snowed about a foot and the road was pretty bad! I saw about a dozen cars and trucks that had been left on the side of the road. I saw a blazer that had rolled once and looked pretty jacked up and that and the fact that my eight year old was with me, made me turn around and head home. If I could of gotten above the storm, things might not of been that bad at South park?
[signature]
Tomcat64 and I drove through that mess and fished in the Lazy Boy area from 5:45 or so until just after noon. We each caught 1 little rainbow for our trouble. We saw some fish on the Vex and actually had a few other tiny bumps but the fish seemed very skittish. You might get 1 tiny tap and then the fish was gone. They would only hit if the jig was deadsticked. When you saw a fish on the flasher, even the movement of picking up the rod VERY carefully, trying not to move the rod tip, was enough to send them packing. I really though with fresh snow covering the ice and cloud cover we might have a great day. Not so.

I even jigged a Chubby Darter a while in hopes a big pike would come crush it, and I never intentionally target pike through the ice here in Colorado.

I'll let Thom post his own report. He looked down the hole and watched fish coming in to his jigs a fair amount through the day. I just watched the Vex dial and my spring bobbers.
[signature]
We are getting out tommorow on my boat it is snowing like crazy right now and says it will snow tommorow also but we want to get out fishing on the boat so bad that we are going to rough it.
[signature]