Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Report!!
Hit lake nelson yesterday with the tube. The water was 10 degrees warmer than last week because the plant was running this time. I'm not sure why it wasnt last week? Anyways last sunday (23rd) I caught 6 bass and yesterday I caught 6 bass, 2 bluegills, and a very nice crappie. The bass were on the small side but 2 of them hit the 17" mark. Bluegills were small. People were catching them from shore very easily, but they are not even close to keeping size...more like bait size. The crappie was 12 1/2", easily over a pound.

Caught all the fish on crankbaits except for the bluegill. Marked alot of fish, the must be getting more active.

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY REPORTS??DONT BE SHY![Smile]
[signature]
Well done on the crappie!!! As we both know they are the main fish I target (with limited success hehe [sly][pirate]). I've been able to pick up a few at sweetbriar this winter but most were small like 4 inches long [Sad]. We'll have to bust out the tubes on nelson soon!!! L8er BUD!!
[signature]
I'm thinking about doing a little bassin' soon but don't anything about nelson. Might have to have a little early tournament in march? We'll have to have a little different rules since I don't think we should keep them out of there haha[pirate]
[signature]