Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Good Day 1-31
as tomegun would say it was a berry good day on the berry.

tkb and i got up to the marina and headed out about 7am started fishing around haws point used green jigs and buzzits tipped with minnows between the 2 of us we iced over 50 fish the largest being a 22.5" cutt that i iced. fishingwaters came over and fished by us. and caught a few with his son. all fish caught where cutts. weather was very nice.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Now you can tell me, Petty. I swear I won't tell anyone else. After looking at that picture, did you do "snow angels" after catching that fish? You look exhausted and there's snow all over you. C'mon, you can tell your good ole' friend, BLM. Did you learn that trick from Fish1on?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
no smart @$$. i didnt do snow angles only dorks do those[Tongue]
[signature]
Nice report . Wish I could go on a week day . If I had a weekday off I would do some snow angels too . LOL Your secret is safe with me . I wont tell BLM . LOL
[signature]
vacations are always nice[Wink]
thanks for keeping my secret about the snow angles randy[Wink]
[signature]
Nice fish Petty! I need to make it over that way some day. Ice fishing is fun but I can't get to the areas I usually fish from my boat.
[signature]
I haven't had a vacation in 6 years .
[signature]
[cool]Nice fish, petty! You wanna hit Rockport Wed or Thurs? One of these days I'm gonna get a wheeler to get me over to those good spots during ice season!
[signature]
nice fish jason you look so proud
[signature]
Thanks for calling me today!!! [Sad] I sat home bored!!! So give me a pm about wednesday. I bought some more jig hooks today.
[signature]
Well looks like you had a good day. you will have to tell me you tricks to gettin the fish when we go fish'n again.
[signature]
[green][size 2]Boy has Haws point really changed. It looks like Jason you were break dancing by the frost on your hat. Maybe, I can go fishing again this weekend. Time for a jailbreak, no more 3rd degree pnuemia for this kid.
[/size][/green]

[signature]
It was a good day at the Berry. My boy and I started fishing in Strawberry bay on the south side. We caught a few fish about 1 an hour for each of us. I decided to go see haw P4L and TKB were doing. I spent the rest of the day fishing with them. Thanks for finding the hot spot P4L and TKB. The fishing was a bit faster about a fish ever 10 minutes. They were not biting very hard my boy had a hard time hooking them. In talking to other anglers those fishing in less than 30 feet of water weren’t catching fish those fishing in 30 to 50 feet of water had better success. Get away from hard hit areas and fishing in 30 to 40 feet of water.
[signature]
What worked best lurewise and baitwise?
[signature]
As Petty said, it was a really nice day at the berry. It did take us a few moves to find some fishies that wanted to cooperate, but once we did, it was a lot of fun. Jason ended up with the long john silver of the day. It was also fun to have Paul join us later in the day. There were some entertaining moments with him and his son swinging and missing on fish! They looked like one of those whack-a-mole games! We talked to a couple of old boys that go out there a lot, and they weren't really catching many fish. They were pretty much fishing in 20-25 feet of water. We got checked as well. The fishcop was actually going fishing himself. I don't think they were doing very well, as they moved several times in a short period of time. They actually headed off into the narrows the last time we saw them. Another nice older man we spoke with walked out of the marina past the point on the north side, and said he caught 13 cutts.

The weather was beautiful, no wind, and lots of sun. Here is Jason's big dog.
[inline p4lberryjan3105.jpg]
And here is the 3.5 pound fatty that I put on the deck. He had one bugged out eye...kinda weird looking. I didn't get a picture of it though.
[inline berryjan31.jpg]
[signature]
Looks like the weather was sweet. Won't find that kinda sunshine on a weekend[crazy]. At least thats how my luck would go.[blush] Not too crowded either. Did ya have to walk very far? I bet I lost 5lbs at scofield last weekend from having to walk so damn far.
[signature]
sounds like an awsome day on the water!!! the biggun of the day was only 22??? [Tongue] nice fish in the pictures.
[signature]
Hey there boss man, did you notice those ATV tracks I was standing on? Didn't walk too far. If it gets much more snow, ATV's wont do much good. I need a snomobile!
[signature]
Didn't see the atv tracks at first. I wish the access at scofield west was as good as what you had. The snow was really deep in spots and gettin around was tough. Walked our tails off getting to "the spot".. Finally got to use the atvs on sunday once the temps dropped. It turned a 45min walk into a 5 min. ride.. A snowmobile would have been the ticket! We oughta go ridin' sometime[cool].
[signature]
Nice fish Jason[crazy]
[signature]