Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISH LAKE REPORT & PIX 1/31/05
I MET UP WITH JED & RANDY MONDAY MORNING. WHAT A GREAT DAY OF FISHING. THE WEATHER WAS PERFECT. CAUGHT LOTS OF PERCH, SPLAKE & RAINBOWS. THANKS JED AND RANDY FOR A GREAT DAY OF FISHING. TRAVIS............

[inline jedsplake.jpg]
[inline travissplake.jpg]
[inline "jed randy.jpg"]
[inline 4wheeler.jpg]
[inline "jed randy 1.jpg"]
[signature]
Nice pics! Was there to much snow to get a 4-wheeler all the way across the lake and how much ice was on that end of the lake? Thanks!
[signature]
Thanks for the report...I happen to have to go on a hunting trailer recovery mission down in that area, and am planning on passing by Fish Lake on the 12th of this month and will probably stop to do some fishing.
My questions are: What part of the lake can a person get to, and do I need snowmobiles or can I just drive in?
What ammo were you using? techniques?
What size fish can I expect, etc. etc.
My brother will be along and we fish there during the summer but I have never ice fished there.
Any information that you can offer will be appreciated!
...I don't even know if I can even get to my trailer yet, but we're gonna try.
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
[Wink]Thanks for the info, and the pics, they were great.
[signature]
Looks like a fun day on FL, thanks for the pics
[signature]
Looks like you guys had fun , too bad you didn't get into any big fish, nice pics
[signature]
do those coveralls make me look fat? Oh well I have had them since I was 14 so It figures. anyway. It was a lot of fun up there. Thanks for meeting up with us Travis. I wish we could have gotten a little more fishing in before having to head home, but I had to make it to a lamaz class. We will have to try it agian sometime,
jed
[signature]
Randy had his 4-wheeler. not much snow- you could drive all over the lake. ice was about 10-12 ".
[signature]
Glad you guys got into em. Looks like it was a great day weather wise to be at FL even if the fish wouldnt have been willing to playing which apparently they were. The FL reports lately sure have my mouth watering for a couple Splakesters. Guess I'll have to break down an travel south rather than northeast soon.
Way ta get em!!
[signature]
They plow the snow to bowery marina store. I drove pass that in my 4 * 4, not to much snow. I was using mini glow tube jigs & glow ice flies tipped with meal worm, wax, minnow meat. Fishing in 25-35 ft of water. The fish would hit still/ or jiggin up and down. any size fish is possible, if you can keep perch off your line to catch larger trout. fishonlynch.........
[signature]
When I was down there the end of Jan., there were many easy access points next to the road. Twin Creeks and Lakeside Marina are easy walks as are near Bowery and Joe Bush (the bathroom site you can drive to after the "Road Closed" sign past Bowery.) We did well in and just deeper from the weed line that goes around the entire lake. As was reported, small white tube jigs, whatta crickets, boogers and ratsos in orange, chartreuse and pink all tipped with worms or perch meat did great for us. Flashers on our lines seemed to work very well. We caught dozens of fish in the 12-15" range - macks, splake and rainbows (and one chub!). Have fun!!
[signature]
sounds like an awsome day on the ice!! thanks for the report
[signature]