Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey gang
Havn't posted in a while , still fishless, but things are looking up! [Smile] I've been heading down the lake once a week to Saddle cove mainly. I'm still not gonna leave that spot until I catch a fish. Well, I think next weekend I'm going to go up to Boxcar cove, barring any wind storms. I'm working overnight all next week, so I may head from work straight down the lake Friday morning.

My Taxes are done, and on the 11th I'm getting my Digital Camera, so i'll be able to take some shots and post 'em here of all my weekly miSadventures at the lake in a few weeks. Maybe I'll even have a fish or two to show, who knows.

I gave up on stripers altogether and am now concentrated on European style Carp fishing 100% now. I miss the fights and screaming runs that carp fishing provides. Cats too. Got my two 12ft rods, A rod sack, boilies and flavored corn for bait, neat-o rigs like the hair rig and knotless knots. oh its a hoot.
www.wackerbaits.com ( i order alot from here )
http://members.rott.chello.nl/tmarapengo...ecipes.htm
( lots of info , half in german or swedish, the in english )

I fished with a guy a few weeks back down at Saddle cove who stared at me dragging all my gear down the the lake, and came over, and knew exactly what i was fishing for. He's from Yugoslavia, and they are big carp fisherman over there. He had some Carp rods set up for striper fishing, to get some heavier leads and longer distance casts. That was a really great day. Normally, I just get weird looks. [angelic].

Other than all that, we're planning on moving down to Florida this year. Dad wants to live close to the beach in his retirement years, and do some deep see fishing as well as maybe getting a bassboat too. I miss fishing small lakes and rivers what I was used to in Pennsylvania, so this looks promising. I'll be able to transfer to a Home Depot there, and best of all, back to humidity!! My sinus' will be pleased.

I'll have some pictures up by the end of the month, barring any 30mph winds, and 2 foot waves, maybe some dynmite would then [Wink]
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"]Welcome back Black,
I too like the Saddle Cove area, easy shore access. Sorry to read you gave up on the Striper but the carp thing is fun also. Keep us updated on your trips, pictures are great too. So, you're moving to Florida, the Florida Board could always use another member.

Take care,
David
[signature]