Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood bait?
Does anybody use blood bait for fishing catfish.There's diffrent way's to make it but theres maybe only a few that are the right way to make up a batch to use.I'm looking for ideals on how to make some up.
I keep mine in the freezer (can be refrozen time after time)

so her it is

half pound of chicken livers

half pound fresh guts of fish

blend in mixer untill liquified

use marchmellows as a medium for the hook

put marchmellow on hook then dip in blood bait and hook in to them kitties.

store in a plastic container in freezer till ready to use or you can add a preservative to it (allum)

use small containers like film canisters to freeze your blood bait in so as not to waist any. only fill canister 2/3rd full. (be sure to wash out your canisters befor filling)
[signature]
I haven't seen, or heard, of anyone using blood bait for catfish in a coon's age. My Dad did use beef blood a long, long, long, long time ago when fishing a trotline back on the Brazos River (outside Waco). Back then, he'd stop by a slaughter house on the way, fill a two-gallon can by holding it under the cow's neck as it drained. Before it geled, he'd toss in a handfull or two (exact measurement not necessary) of salt, stir it around and let it sit. By the time we were ready to bait the hooks, he just cut the tough blood into one-inch cubes and bait the hook. Within a couple of hours we'd have catfish on the hooks.
Hope this helps.
[signature]
Hello guys,

Sounds like a winner Dave! Thanks for the reciepe! I'll have to give that a try. Have you had a lot of success with this?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
works for me

it may not be a concentrate as comercialy made verieties but if you get near or up current it will draw them in.

this can also be used in those tube lures too.
[signature]