Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Lakes Fall Salmon Run on Pere Marquette, MI
[cool] Fall salmon run on Lake Michigan tributaries is HOT!!!! Fished the Pere Marquette River last week and hooked 15 fish, but could only land 3! One hen and 2 jacks - all 13-15 pounds each. All released unharmed to finish their spawn. The King Salmon are on the beds and a stealth presentation is needed. They are primarily in a negative mood, but teasing them with accurate casts and running the flies right in front of their noses, usually results in a anger driven strike. Either spin or fly are affective. Once these fish are hooked, you are in for the fight of your life and is usually a 20 minute ordeal. Terrific fishery and beautiful scenery make for a great outing.
[signature]
good report

in the future you will want to keep your fishing reports limited to the state or country they are from for several reasond. this board is for general conversation topics for freshwater fishing and the other reason is that there is a weekly fishing report contest going on and pic's are welcome. if the reports are not in the state or country they are from they will not count as an entry...

if you have problems posting pic's send them to me via privet message and I will make it posible for you to post them.

and a mighty fine welcome to the forum to ya.
[signature]
thanks for the advise, but what do you mean as far as location? Did I put this in the wrong section? please let me know. Also let me know how to add pics. thanks.
[signature]
since your report is about michigan you will want to scroll down to michigan and post it there. so the answer is yes it is in the wrong place, fishing reports belong in the fishing reports area. Many of our readers only reed post from their states and subscribe for reports from their states (which means that they get an email when a fishing report comes in) this option is available for you and any one else as well

as for posting pictures you need a web site or you can send them to me and I can load it in to my web site and make it posible for you to post it. you can send the pic to me by clicking on my name and send a privet mesage. there you can upload the pic to me.

or just make a post in the michigan and I will edit your post by sticking the pic in for you which is easest for you.

If you want to build a web site go to the link below my boat then down to the bottom of my home page there is a link for building web sites.
[signature]
Thanks again. Will post in appropriate state from now on. I will add pics in future reports. Thanks for your help.
[signature]