Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
icefishing report 2-9-05

[signature]
This weather has not been great for the ice. I was working all week outside in a sweatshirt. Be carefull.
[signature]
michigan is the same way, honey comb ice is being reported every where all the way up to manistee....

had a drowning this past week end, our first for the year, and a buddy went throgh the ice on his quad on my lake last week. I spent half the day on sunday pulling him out with mine.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=184326;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][#333366][size 1]Ever go past the point of no return?[/size][/#333366][/url][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
ice fishing this year is all done for me.the ice is too much like swiss cheese atleast i got out 6 times this year
[signature]
now that is Sad, [unsure]

I went out today to poke around a little

crappie started hitting, we even saw a 20 inch dog fish. (BowFin)

I didnt have my picture taker with me today so I didnt get any shots...
[signature]
hi jerry,welcome to the boards.i am sorry i do not know taftville pond,even though it is close to me.i do know that there is some decent size carp in the pond occording to fishing reports that i have read. for other places that have carp is shetucket river,quinebaug river,lower part of natchaug river near mansfield res.i have caught many in these rivers,on flyrods,what a great fight.
[signature]
i jerry,good news,i found some info on taftville pond,for some reason i had a brain freeze on that pond ( must be d-tees from not fishing in a week) you can put any size boat in there as long as you can pull out of the water,the boat ramp is very steep.the gate is closed from march 1 st- november 30. you should check with DEP on bowfishing this pond,since it is part of the shetucket river and is stocked with salmon,and trophy trout.i have driven by here numerous times, found the launch,wanted to fish it,but i dont know if my truck could pull my boat back out of the water
[signature]
Jerry, hopefully Bigoutdoors can direct you to the pond your looking for. You may want to try the thr rivers before they go below flood stage and try the back coves for those carp. Good luck.
[signature]
jerry,it is part of the shetucket riverfrom baltic head south on rt 97,take a left on rt 169 east cross the river take a right on recycler drivethe entrance of the ramp is on the left.very,very steep
[signature]